Skip to content

Missing Engines?

Is there any reason why GSA SER lists 800 engines and GSA PI only lists 767?
Does this mean I need to copy from GSA SER and re-run GSA PI to pick-up and identify the 33 missing engines?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes you can do that, but most of the missing engines are probably those with a fixed url.
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    I know you've added new engines since I've been using GSA SER and GSA PI's last update was July 2022 
    I'll copy them over and re-run the unrecognised URLs and see what it picks up.
    I just thought engines would be synced with these 2 products.
    Thanks
  • Might be the SERlib/SEREngines engines along with the fixed web2.0s, as there is no point in using them in the platform identifier
    cherub said:
    Might be the SERlib/SEREngines engines along with the fixed web2.0s, as there is no point in using them in the platform identifier
    SERlib is installed into %appdata% and magically then appears in the engines list of SER. I'm presuming the same is true for SEREngines
    GSA PI hasn't rec'd any updates for almost 12 months and I recall many engine updates and new ones being listed in the SER changelog since I bought it Nov 2022. I can only presume there are engines that are not in GSA PI.
    Anyways, I'll add SERs tomorrow
  • rastarr said:
    cherub said:
    Might be the SERlib/SEREngines engines along with the fixed web2.0s, as there is no point in using them in the platform identifier
    SERlib is installed into %appdata% and magically then appears in the engines list of SER. I'm presuming the same is true for SEREngines
    GSA PI hasn't rec'd any updates for almost 12 months and I recall many engine updates and new ones being listed in the SER changelog since I bought it Nov 2022. I can only presume there are engines that are not in GSA PI.
    Anyways, I'll add SERs tomorrow
    Any luck with running unrecognized URLs with added engines?

If there's any success with it, I'll add those missing engines as well
    nerra133 said:

Yes. I added all GSA SER engines into GSA PI and re-scraping the unrecognised URLs and currently getting above 95% success rate on those unrecognised previously.
    Thanked by 1nerra133
  • rastarr said:
    nerra133 said:

Yes. I added all GSA SER engines into GSA PI and re-scraping the unrecognised URLs and currently getting above 95% success rate on those unrecognised previously.
    Great. Did the same the other day but my success rate is a lot lower. Possibly due to scraping all externals from verified sitelist and processing those. 

Got any suggestions or tips for improving the success rate of building a list overall?

Thanks again!