Skip to content

Anchor Text BUG !

londonseolondonseo London, UK
edited April 2013 in Need Help
Hello @Sven - I have noticed that when i input my spun article with the anchor text already in the article, SER will add a link to that same anchor text thereby causing the 2 URLs to link to the same anchor at the same time - like this:

<a href="www.site1.com"><a href="www.site2.com">same anchor text</a></a>

Please look into this

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited April 2013

Indeed this can happen. But why do you have a different, fixed URL for the %anchor_text% in the article?

Though next version will fix this.

• londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - that is because i wanted to hyperlink more than one word that is in the actual article - i didnt want to just stick in a word anywhere in the article so i added the links manually.

Thanks
    is there a way to hyperlink more than one word in an article or can this be a new feature?

you can just use the macros and you get a new anchor text/url inserted here.

<a href="%url%>%anchor_text%</a>

@sven - if my text is : "i love blue widgets and green widgets" and my anchor texts are "blue widgets" and "green widgets" - SER will only link one of them - is there a way to add more than one hyperlink automatically without sticking a random word in the article?

Another BUG i discovered is that if your anchor text is not in lower case SER wont automatically add the link

Thanks

I have just reviewed this "bug"...the anchor text is linked in any case. Sorry but that must be something else.

And yes, if you do not use the macro in the article, it will just place a link once...but if you use the macro instead (many times) it will create a link (many times with a different anchor/url).

@sven - has this bug been fixed?

Indeed this can happen. But why do you have a different, fixed URL for the %anchor_text% in the article?

Though next version will fix this.

yes, if i write things like "next version will fix it" I have already fixed it before posting ;)
    OK Cheers!
    B-)
    @sven - when i use the %link% macro more than once SER seems to be using the exact same link and anchor text - are you seeing the same thing?
    edited April 2013

That should not happen. It might be the case for the TEST window, but only there. On real submission, the program inserts different URLs/Anchors.

Edit: Just added proper variable insert for TEST as well now for next version.

@sven v5.54 still includes the same anchor text more than once even in the submissions - i have had a look at the verified URLs
    send me a project backup please. It worked fine on my end...I don't know what it is.