Skip to content

Projects not stopping

Hey @Sven,

My projects do not stop after I hit the stop button. It brings the runnig thread count down to 5 or 6 and does not kill the last few threads. I have let GSA WC run for like 30 mins to see if it kills these remianing therads but it doesn. so I have to kill it from the task manager. I'm seeing this mostly with projects that has the cities selected. Any suggestions?   The log window just shows this 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    click HELP->Create Bugreport to see details.
  • Sven said:
    click HELP->Create Bugreport to see details.
    Hi @Sven,

I've just done that and send the bug report. Can you check and resolve the issue of threads not getting killed. 

Thanks
  • Hi @Sven

Any update on this? I have submitted multiple bug reports. Not able to run multiple projects as I cannot stop one project to make any changes I have to kill the entire application and then start everythigng again.
    hmm sorry, all bugreports I got didn't show much to fix really.
  • so what are my options here @Sven ? I'm not able to run multiple projects due to this and its affecting my submission capacity a lot.

Even if I'mnot runnign multiple projects and I have to change something inthe running project, it does not stops and I have to kill the software. this is also causing random crash in the projects, for which I have also submitted a bug report.     
    I guess its some network issue....some program is intercepting the socks and stops it. This can happen from anti virus programs or firewalls. Do you use anything on that other than windows own software?
  • Same problem. Need to wait the long time the software will stop.
  • Sven said:
    I guess its some network issue....some program is intercepting the socks and stops it. This can happen from anti virus programs or firewalls. Do you use anything on that other than windows own software?
    Thanks for responding @Sven . I just use the standard windows defender as antivirus.
    @romingson do your threads stop eventually? I left mine waiting for 3 hours and they did not stop. 
  • romingsonromingson Puchong
    edited June 2023
    Yes, but need to wait 30 min or more will be stop the thread. I means Scrape stop thread very slow. But check and sent is OK
  • @Sven can we please have a solutionf or this. it is becoming quite frustrating
    Im sorry, but I can not reproduce this. Maybe you can send a project backup and a time when this occurs? Also do you use proxies?
  • Thanks @Sven , will send the project backup. How do you want me to send it? Yes using abt 40 provate proxies and approx 1000 public proxies 
    why you mix private with public proxies? Maybe the public one is a problem after all. Send the backup data by private message.
  • thanks for the reply @Sven . much appreciated. I use Private proxies to check and send while public proxies for scraping. I do this as in my experience the private proxies get banned by the engines easily and then I have to refill them. Is there is better way to do this? Open for your suggestions mate. 

Will send the project backup as private message. Thanks. 
    Try using none google related search engines with your private proxies...they usually do not ban you then.
  • Sven said:
    Try using none google related search engines with your private proxies...they usually do not ban you then.
    Thanks for that tip mate .. appreciate it
  • edited December 2023
    Hi @Sven,

I'm reviving this thread as I've started again with GSA WC and my projects still do not stop when I hit the stop button. last 15-20 threads just keep running. I have tried leaving it overnight but the project does not stop. The only way is to kill GSA using task manager, which kills my other running projects. This is also stopping me from using the scheduler, as it cannot stop first project to start next in line.

Can I please send you a backup of my project and you can investigate it? It has been a longstanding issue for me. Probably issue is in my computer, but just hoping that you may find something and fix it.
    please try with latest update first. I have updated the ssl libs in it.
  • Sven said:
    please try with latest update first. I have updated the ssl libs in it.
    Legend!!! Just tried with one of the projects and it works. Thank you.  Will pester you if it happens again. Now hopefully, the random crash issue is also sorted while running multiple projects. Fingers crossed.

• DataRatDataRat Inside the walls
    Can also confirm stuck threads issues seem to be over with current update.
    thanks a lot for the feedback! Im glad it's solved!
  • Hey @Sven

Sadly its happening again. I was running a project for last 48 hrs and when I went to stop it now, its stuck on 36 threads. Doing this for last 20 mins and not stopping :( . Any suggestions mate?

are you using proxies?
  • yes using the proxies for search and submit. Using the inbuilt proxy scraper. 

Just tried it again by letting the project run all night and when i stopped, it got stuck on the last 1 thread 

please click HELP->Create Bugreport
  • Hi @Sven. Have submitted one just now. I think the issue is more prominent if I let the project run for 24hrs+. Could you please have a look and provide some resolution. It is seriously limiting my use of such a good software.
    Had a look but nothing odd showed in that bugreport you sent. Im clueless right now sorry.
  • Thanks @Sven and appreciate your efforts in getting things resolved. Would a backup of my project help to investigate?
    please wait for next update as i have worked on ssl again
  • Sven said:
    please wait for next update as i have worked on ssl again
    Sure mate .. wiating anxiously  :smile: