Skip to content

Would a Toggle to Save All API Generated Content in Files Be Helpful?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests
I just wonder if it's okay throwing content generated on-the-fly away. It can still have many future uses.
And, that link it was used for may go down. And, then that content that you paid API credits for is lost.
FOREVER! :fearful:

I was thinking something like:

✅Save API-generated content?
☐ Article Writer ✅GPT ☐ Other Article Writer etc..

and then SER would save each as a separate file
in
"API-Generated-Content Folder"
with a sub-folder for each category of fields: Article, Micro message, 250, 450, future fields, etc.
within each project folder.

Then, that content can be used to do other stuff later. If you want.
I hope this already exists! lol

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you are worried that this is lost,. then you may better pre-generate content, add spin syntax and use it for a longer time.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven said:
    If you are worried that this is lost,. then you may better pre-generate content, add spin syntax and use it for a longer time.

Well,  I was thinking of using API content unspun first for T1, and the recycle it and put it through a spinner and/or swap paragraphs, and use that for higher-number tiers.

I don't know how valuable the GPT content really is. It is extremely cheap, but I think if I set up many projects this way, it may add up quickly, and with on-the-fly creation, in the end I am not increasing my content base for other later uses.

Sven, I'm not sure I'm thinking of GPT-created content the right way.

Is it just throwaway? I know there are different ways of considering this...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Personally I would not use any macro that builds content on the fly as it is slowing things down and builds up unnecessary traffic. I would always pre-create content that can be used multiple times.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited June 2023
    Sven said:
    Personally I would not use any macro that builds content on the fly as it is slowing things down and builds up unnecessary traffic....
    Yeah, that's definitely a drawback. I may try it on a single project that points at a MS, though just to test and see what happens. For many project, that would ruin the LPM~!
    Sven said:
     I would always pre-create content that can be used multiple times.
    I do agree! I always try to conserve! And, this is no different! lol Throwing things away...including intangible things like content..that took energy to make...seems wasteful...

What about this: A way to collect data for all the non-article fields, like the way you wrote the project article module to now acquire xx articles using GPT-3.5-turbo .  But, this would be for Website Title, 240,450,etc., instead.
    Would that be an okay idea? Then it's not on the fly, and we lose no content.

Sven I hope you, and everyone on the board, has an amazing weekend! Don't forget to balance your activities, pplz! :)