Skip to content

Redundant Efforts with Proxies Imported Qs

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited June 2023 in Need Help
Greetings, Sven, longtime GSA board members, and new ppl, alike!
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a few related Qs, and the answers would clarify some long-standing confusion I have.
OK:

I have private proxies locked using the new feature Sven created. As far as I can tell, that feature means that those proxies that are LOCKED cannot be removed, even if they test as nonworking. Is this correct?  If not, please let me know what it does...
I have GSA SER importing five files based on proxy criteria. If my understanding of the lock option is accurate, then I no longer have to re-feed some of those lists.

But what if i did both lock those proxies on first manual import and then auto-feed same list as a file source?
Would a locked proxy that has failed a test and is now unchecked become checked again?!
I also have GSA Proxy Scraper exporting two files based on proxy criteria.

When I see SER indicate that GSA Proxy Scraper found XX new proxies, I know that is yet ANOTHER way I'm getting proxies.
My question is, where did I set this auto-connection between SER and GSA PS that seems to not be file based? I can't seem to find it.
Also, "Automatically disable proxies if detected as being down."  How does this work??
Is this just using SER to check if proxies seem to work, rather than testing them for anon/goog/etc. with external web-based checkers??

Thank you!~! I am again trying to work on areas I need to clarify. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    >feature means that those proxies that are LOCKED cannot be removed, even if they test as nonworking. Is this correct?
    Yes thats correct

If you re-import a proxy that is already in list, it will not import it at all, so it will not test or modify its status

>where did I set this auto-connection between SER and GSA PS
    Thats actually file based and when PS is saving proxies to disk, SER knows that this file changed and imports newly added files as it monitors the file that is used for PS to store the proxies. You can Enable/Disable this by clicking the "Add Proxy" button 

>"Automatically disable proxies if detected as being down."  How does this work??
    It works good for socks based proxies, not so good for WEB ones. Meaning that when a connection to the proxy fails, it will know it. This is not known for WEB and partly not for CONNECT based proxies as you send basically the same packet to the proxy as to when sending it directly. When something fails, you can only know if it was the proxy by verifying the http status code. And even that is not correct sometimes.
    When having a socks based proxy you know for sure if it works as the proxy would fail when connecting before you send it the details to connect to the webserver.

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee