Skip to content

Keywords needed if using a purchased list?

Hi @Sven,

I bought the monthly service from GSAserlists and their tutorial mentioned not using keyword since using anchors text and using their list of sites.

But when I try to click ok GSA asks for the keywords.

Did I misunderstand that?  

Here is short video explaining:
https://www.loom.com/share/6b6455526d9f4bb098c364e15ae36bc5

Thank you for your help!!

Comments

• rastarrrastarr Thailand
    You probably need to use both. Keywords and anchors are important. Anchor text probably more so.
    You can use keywords and then tick this box.

• rastarr said:
    You probably need to use both. Keywords and anchors are important. Anchor text probably more so.
    You can use keywords and then tick this box.

Thanks for the response and screenshot. 
    So if I use a verified list and have all the keywords and everything I want in the Anchor text area. (so not clicking that box "Use keywords as anchor text", would GSA still be using the keywords for anything?

The company I got my list from said GSA won't need the keywords if you use a verified list and uncheck the boxes under keywords like "Collect keywords from target sites".

I'm trying to setup a tutorial for my employee but not sure if I should just tell them to add in a few keywords to "make GSA happy" so it will run the project. Or if it will still be used for something I don't realize, even though settings are presumably off regarding keywords. 

This is new to me and wondering if I am missing something.  Appreciate any help you can provide.  Thanks in advance :)
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    @jmah
    keywords and anchor text are important and you can certainly mix and match, depending on your project.
    There are macros such as %keywords% too. Most things in SEO revolve around keywords and anchor text. I don't think it's a good idea to simply omit one. Use both, is my opinion
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee