Skip to content

SERlib issues

rastarrrastarr Thailand
edited June 2023 in SERLib
Well, I'll start
I bought the new SERLib addon since I've been waiting for it.

To be honest, I'm less than satisfied and I understand it's new. It has supposedly been beta-tested so I'd think most bugs would have been squashed.

It's been running for 12 hours now - only 7 Web2.0 links created

I've noticed Wikidot, Telegra and Wordpress fail.

Since chromedriver is being used, I'm guessing the cumbersome use of mouse positioning is failing since I tested logging in which were successful.

And imposing a 20 thread limitation to get this to work is a very poor choice indeed.

I'll running 52 (multi-tiered) projects with 300 threads to build links. That's GSA SER's purpose.
Pulling this down to 20 threads so SERLib can run is plain silly and defeats the reasoning behind GSA SER.

I'd love to hear if other users are having better success though. Maybe I'm using the tool wrong.

Comments

• AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    Hello @rastarr

First of all, thank you for becoming a member. Although my priority during the beta testing phase was to ensure that the addon works on different platforms, with different types of proxies, and with various scenarios of project data, most of the engines performed well in our testing. However, it is possible to encounter issues as we are still at the beginning of this journey.

I appreciate your willingness to communicate the problems you encountered. This will help me gain a better understanding of the issues and work towards resolving them. Could you please provide me with the logs and, if possible, your debug files? This will allow me to review what you have experienced in more detail.

And imposing a 20 thread limitation to get this to work is a very poor choice indeed.

@SvenIs it possible to have a thread limit input field exclusively for SERlib(in the Advanced -> APIs section maybe), so that users can run other projects alongside SERlib?
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    AliTab said:
    Hello @rastarr

I appreciate your willingness to communicate the problems you encountered. This will help me gain a better understanding of the issues and work towards resolving them. Could you please provide me with the logs and, if possible, your debug files? This will allow me to review what you have experienced in more detail.

@SvenIs it possible to have a thread limit input field exclusively for SERlib(in the Advanced -> APIs section maybe), so that users can run other projects alongside SERlib?
    Yes I understand it's the beginning. Still not a nice experiance/result thus far.
    I've sent a bugreport but I think it's gone Sven. I can't find it in the filesystem unfortunately.

On thread, yes, that's what I was going to suggest. 
    Set a SERlib thread limit which comes from the global limit. When SERlib threads drop, they revert back to the global pool for use by other projects.
    @rastarr
    I see. When you're testing the addon, please send me your new logs. It would also be helpful if you could activate the debug mode and send me the debug files, which will be located in the %appdata%\GSA Search Engine Ranker\debug location. You can share the logs and debug files with me through Skype or via a private message on the forum.
    Thank you!
    AliTab said:
    @rastarr
    I see. When you're testing the addon, please send me your new logs. It would also be helpful if you could activate the debug mode and send me the debug files, which will be located in the %appdata%\GSA Search Engine Ranker\debug location. You can share the logs and debug files with me through Skype or via a private message on the forum.
    Thank you!
    Ahh ok, found where debug mode is and activated. I'll let it run again for a while and send you some stuff a bit later.
    @rastarr
    Awesome! waiting for your update then.
    Thanked by 1royalmice
    edited June 2023
    Set a SERlib thread limit which comes from the global limit. When SERlib threads drop, they revert back to the global pool for use by other projects.

@rastarr  Currently, Serlib runs with a fixed number of 10 threads. You can set the number of threads in your SER software to your preferred value. Please download SER again from the following link:
    https://www.gsa-online.de/download/ser_setup.zip

Sven will add an input field in future updates that will allow you to set the number of threads exclusively for Serlib.
    AliTab said:

@rastarr  Currently, Serlib runs with a fixed number of 10 threads. You can set the number of threads in your SER software to your preferred value. Please download SER again from the following link:

Sven will add an input field in future updates that will allow you to set the number of threads exclusively for Serlib.
    I've got the latest version. Why would I want to reinstall it?
    OK, good to know the exact and correct details on threads. Thank you
    rastarr said:
    AliTab said:

I've got the latest version. Why would I want to reinstall it?
    OK, good to know the exact and correct details on threads. Thank you

You're welcome. Sven has made a silent update, so you must get the latest version through the download link again.
    Thanked by 1rastarr
  • AllanAllan seoservices.com.br
    For me everything worked fine, all the webs I created worked fine.

I ended up trying to use the API on a server with Windows 2016, to test and I lost all the logs to send to the developer.

I'll buy the tool when WordPress, Tumblr and edublogs are working fine.

When I tested it, I still didn't have the option and wordpress.com, I think it will be the hardest web to work with.
    Allan said:
    For me everything worked fine, all the webs I created worked fine.

I ended up trying to use the API on a server with Windows 2016, to test and I lost all the logs to send to the developer.

I'll buy the tool when WordPress, Tumblr and edublogs are working fine.

When I tested it, I still didn't have the option and wordpress.com, I think it will be the hardest web to work with.
    Thank you Allan, Happy to hear that :)

WordPress is already included. Please download SER again and "check for update" to receive the engine:

Tumblr and Edublogs are also working fine for me. However, I'll try to improve them to achieve higher success rates.
    UPDATE:

Thanks to @Sven ,The number of threads for SERlib can be set independently from the main running threads of SER(Advanced->APIs)

https://gsaserlists.com/serlib-changelog/

Is this even working now? for the last 3 days there's only 2 engines posting anything. Since I bought this on Day 1, I have yet to get a single Wordpress site/post.

There hasn't been an engine update in 5 days. 

Is anyone else having more success with this SERlib. I can't see me continuing this subscription, given the experience and results.

• I tried coding a smiliar bot a few years back, the constant changes to the signup/posting process was the killer in the end.
    Thanked by 1rastarr
    rastarr said:
    Is this even working now? for the last 3 days there's only 2 engines posting anything. Since I bought this on Day 1, I have yet to get a single Wordpress site/post.

Is anyone else having more success with this SERlib. I can't see me continuing this subscription, given the experience and results.

Hello,

I apologize for the disappointment caused by our addon. Fortunately, we offer a refund for our web 2.0 addon, and I can proceed with that if you confirm.

However, please note that our addon is working fine for current customers and beta testers. I am unsure why your success rate is significantly lower. I suspect that you may be using your own recaptcha solver, and I recommend considering switching to XEvil or a service like 2captcha if you still wish to give it a try.

I had switched to 2captcha. There hasn't been an attempt to create a WordPress post since the very beginning when I pointed out there were issues with the Chromedriver code, and ever since nothing for WP. And I've been running the WP engine alone for the last 6 hours with no attempts either.
    So I'm very happy for your current customers and beta testers. 
    The overhead required versus the low returns isn't for me, unfortunately. 

Please do process the refund and the best of luck with the addon in the future.
    rastarr said:
    I had switched to 2captcha. There hasn't been an attempt to create a WordPress post since the very beginning when I pointed out there were issues with the Chromedriver code, and ever since nothing for WP. And I've been running the WP engine alone for the last 6 hours with no attempts either.
    So I'm very happy for your current customers and beta testers. 
    The overhead required versus the low returns isn't for me, unfortunately. 

Please do process the refund and the best of luck with the addon in the future.
    Yes, please PM me your email address and I'll proceed with the refund.

Thanks for testing the addon anyway!
  • rastarr said:

Try to disable fnote.me after the first couple of links have been created.

I set up a new project this morning and am getting plenty of links from various platforms. SER v17.09 + Xrumer.

Thanked by 1AliTab
    rastarr said:

Try to disable fnote.me after the first couple of links have been created.

I set up a new project this morning and am getting plenty of links from various platforms. SER v17.09 + Xrumer.

Thanks anyway. I've canceled the subscription. 
    Thanked by 1royalmice
  • Thanks! This tread just saved me $22 / month and a lot of frustration.
    Thanks! This tread just saved me $22 / month and a lot of frustration.

Apologies, but this topic is from when the addon was initially released(v 1.3 - 2023-06-02). Since then, we've implemented numerous updates, which are available at https://gsaserlists.com/serlib-changelog/
  • I just started using Web 2.0 from Gsaserlists 10 days ago, and I confirm it's working pretty well, if you see any problems when trying to submit in logs, just check your captcha solver or proxies.

This isn't a post to promote his service, but I want to motivate the owner so he can work more on the plugin and add more websites. After all good job.
    Thanked by 1AliTab
    mrnixdorf said:
    I just started using Web 2.0 from Gsaserlists 10 days ago, and I confirm it's working pretty well, if you see any problems when trying to submit in logs, just check your captcha solver or proxies.

This isn't a post to promote his service, but I want to motivate the owner so he can work more on the plugin and add more websites. After all good job.

Hello,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback.

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    mrnixdorf said:
    I just started using Web 2.0 from Gsaserlists 10 days ago, and I confirm it's working pretty well, if you see any problems when trying to submit in logs, just check your captcha solver or proxies.

Can you give some kind of indication please of what 'pretty well' means - how many links it is creating?
  • I have been able to create nearly 1000 links during one week. Could have create more. My server was very bad. Crash multiple times a day and could not work each time I disconnected it from my laptop.

I guess if I had a good VPS I could have created easily 1000 T1 links a day!

I just changed the server and get an SolidseoVPS. Asked support to unbind my API so that I can use SERlib on the new server. It's been 14 hours since and no answer from support yet. I will update my answer later
    Thanked by 1AliTab