Skip to content

Choosing categories

I searched the forum but couldn't figure this out:

I'm debating on picking as many categories as possible to improve chances one is chosen depending on the site versus just a couple.

The downside is if there is many categories, it won't pick the one I truly want.

For example if I really want the "Home Improvement" category, I will pick that one.
But if they don't have the home improvement category, will it pick something similar automatically?

Or do I provide as many categories that somewhat make sense to improve the chances of the software being able to pick a category?

What would you advise @Sven?
Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You should only add related categories and have them sorted from top for priority 1 to bottom.
  • Sven said:
    You should only add related categories and have them sorted from top for priority 1 to bottom.
    Thank you!!
  • Hi, @Sven
    What will happen if SER can't match any of my categories? Does it stop posting on the site, or will it take a random category for it?
    depends on the engine and script. Most will stop as they can not find a suitable category, others will take a random.
  • Sven said:
    depends on the engine and script. Most will stop as they can not find a suitable category, others will take a random.
    Maybe I am losing many backlinks for only this issue. I am always using SER default for all categories. So what are the solutions for other categories or any way to make SER post a random category?
    add a misc / general one as that is often also on the list to choose from.
  • Sven said:
    add a misc / general one as that is often also on the list to choose from.
    Did you mean the "mask" option? And do you have a categories import list?
    Yes use a mask and add something like "*MISC*" or whatever matches your niche.