Skip to content

Using GSA Content Generator with GSA Proxy Scraper

I have both programs so how do I set Content Generator to use new proxies scraped through Proxy Scraper in real time?

Do I need the GSA Proxy Scraper running and fetching new proxies at the same time while Content Generator is scraping, and would Content Generator automatically recognize the proxy scraper running, and auto retrieve the new proxies from it without further set up?

And do I have to manually set GSA Proxy Scraper to "Activate internal proxy server" / Set Proxy in Browser beforehand?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. Have both programs running
    2. In proxy options of GSA Content Generator you need to have the option enabled as seen below:

This will automatically add new found proxies to the list and GSA Content Generator will use them instantly.
  • Does GSA Proxy Scraper need to be actively searching for proxies at the same time when Content Generator is scraping?

Sometimes Proxy Scraper takes a break between interval, or testing scraped proxies.
    Personally I would not use proxies for content scraping...
  • Huh?  Isn't that's what proxies are for? To keep the host from banning your real IP during the scrape.
    but for content scraping it is not hammering the search engines that much. It does a search, extracts the content, parses everything together and does the next page from search engines. There is plenty time in between the searches.
  • but what happens if I run a high thread count, say 50 or higher... and I set the search interval to 2 minutes apart, or 120 minutes.
    IF you are not using google exclusively, it should still not get you banned.
    Thanked by 1ToyotaMR2