Skip to content

Question on Keyword Seeding

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I've spent a lot of time past 2 days debugging and tweaking to try and get more improvement in SER.  I noticed when turning off global lists and GSA is using the keywords + engines to do searches a lot of engines DON'T use the keyword to seed the search (unless you have the always use keyword in searches option ticked).

Does this mean that most searches don't use the keyword i.e. after a while you'll be getting duplicate search results?

What I've noticed consistently on my setup is using global lists I get 150 Lpm on 11 projects.  Once I turn off global lists it crawls down to like 10 Lpm after running that overnight it drops down to 5 lpm.

My SER is constantly searching I don't get any 000/000 errors so it's not proxies I just think most searches don't come up with any targets (this is after running a set of optimized engines).

I'm using dual keywords in my searches (just putting my niche into scrapebox i.e. travel and building related keywords so lot of keywords come up as travel tips, how to travel cheaply etc).

Comments

• I've niticed the default engine search results doing the same.  that why I have been edited the footprints and keyyword setting to scrape more via ser. grab them here

You WILL see the difference.
  • Hi zeusy,

thanks for your great postson edited engines i am already running some of yours and i've done my own edits use gscraper.

problem is after turning off global lists GSA still runs pretty slow less than 10 lpm.

what speeds is everyone getting when global lists are off?
  • edited March 2013
    If I could get access to my vps (bermanhosting- no response to ticket, no response on livechat) I could tell you...down yesterday morning...now once past few hours, ip just timesout.  :(

Just bought vps about 7 days ago..I think time to look for better hosting.
  • I use berman after messing around a lot i got it fixed up.

if you can't access your server login to your bermanhosting.com console and restart it manually.  they usually responded to me within 24 hours.
  • ive rebooted, shutdown..every bloody thing...ips just unreachable..

• just as i type ip now reachable:)
  • cool.  usually takes about 5 mins for me to reboot to login again.
  • I think @ron is the only one here that is not using global list and its over 100lpm
  • ronron SERLists.com

I think it is valuable to talk about this topic. My goal all along was to try and see how far I could get with SER 'out of the box' with no assistance from sites lists or imported lists. I always figured that stuff will come in handy down the road.

It bothers me that somebody can get such a high LPM with site lists, and then drop so dramatically without the lists. That tells me that there is something highly inefficient in the core settings, like not posting on the same domain when doing lower tiers, some kind of filter issue, or something like that.

• I agree it's worth talking about Ivebeen pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to isolate where the issue is to no avail.

What I've done is scraped footprints for certain types of engines in gscraper and imported it into gsa see to look at the data.

I did it with @zeusy footprints for contextual articles and wikis I scraped 900k unique urls in gscraper. Imported them into gsa ser.

Got 300 verified that's a pretty low hit rate. So that's one reason why I suspect gsa ser had low lpm for me running no lists I've basically reproduced what gsa does daily with searching
  • just curious any other inputs on this?  has anyone else been able to get > 5-10lpm when running GSA with global lists turned off?