Skip to content

I want to use the global site list, but GSA SER cannot load URLs from the list

edited March 2013 in Need Help
The status of the project is Active - Use global site list only. In the project options I unchecked all search engines, and checked the option to use global site lists if enabled, then checked to use the verified list.

In the global advanced options I checked to save the identified, submitted , verified and failed lists to certain folders inside my Dropbox folder. When I show the statistics of the verified sites, GSA SER can show the number of sites in the verified lists grouped by platforms. So it can read the verified site lists.

However when I start this project, it starts with a few threads (even though I wanted to use 100 threads), then after a few minutes the thread count goes to zero, and I get messages like loaded 0/0 URLs from global site lists. Initially GSA SER loads a few URLs from the list, parses them, then it stops (but many more URLs are left).

But I have a lot of sites in the global site lists, GSA SER shows them in the statistics (options - advanced - tools - show stats). And it doesn't use 100 threads, only a few.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well 0/0 simply means nothing got loaded from the list as it is empty or not having any left URLs to load.
  • edited March 2013
    so now I have more data. I get submissions, but I don't understand why does GSA SER load the target sites from the global site list in batches, and why does it wait between the batches?

I wanted to use 100 threads, but the thread count is not close to 100, it is about 20-30. GSA SER loads like 100 sites from the global site list, does the submission, then the thread count goes to zero. After a while it loads some new sites etc. But often times I see in the log "loaded 0/200 URLs".

So it could be faster. This is the only running project, and there is a lot of downtime (=thread count is zero, but there are still a lot of target URLs left), is it expected?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ´0/200 means it loaded 200 sites, but all of them are known to the program and nothing is submitted since no new URLs are loaded. It loads 2*thread number of URLs from the site lists.