Skip to content

How Does SER Iterate Through the List of Captcha Services? What Is Sent Where?!

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited April 2023 in Need Help
OK...I don't understand:

Does GSA SER send captcha types (like Reaptcha3)  to services or solver programs, like GSA CB, for instance, that it doesn't accept itself?
For instance, if I have an API-based solver services that can process Recaptcha3 set up via GSA CB or another solver program, why would those captcha types ever even get sent to CB, as CB doesn't even  accept them? Are all captchas sent to all checked services in the captcha module in SER?

What about if I have a service like Xevil, and I want to choose only to solve H-captcha. Do the Recaptcha 2 and 3 still get sent even if those aren't checked off as options in SER, just in case an external API-based solver is used via that program?
Curious and confused. :grey_question:   :anguished:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If a captcha needs to be solved, it is sending them to the first service in the list.
    If it fails, it is sending it to the 2nd and so on unless configured differently (option to use services in random order).

However, it is known what services can solve what type and so it is skipping that service if:
    a) that service was not even able to solve the captcha (e.g. SER is sending image captchas to CB only)
    b) you have enabled to solve that captcha type within captcha service settings.

I know that CB offers you to add captcha services as a backup. If that service would solve e.g. recaptcha, it would still not be used as SER expects you to add that service directly to SER and not in CB.