Skip to content

When Are Emails Verified and What Happens to Ones that email a Password?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I just started with the software and have most things nailed down but what I'm confused about if I'm running a project for article submission and I have the status set to Active and start the project, at what point are the emails verified and then the actual article submitted to the site? Or do I have to do this manually by choosing Active (Verify E-mails Only)?

If it auto verifies email with the status set to just "Active" how can i change how often the emails are verified? And how long after the emails are verified is the article submitted?

Question 2 - I notice some of the sites email the password. Does the program go into the email and collect the password so it knows the login info? If not, how can I skip those sites?

Thx for your help.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

Yes, it auto verifies. You don't have to do anything.

If you change emails, be smart enough to verify your emails manually - change status to Active(V) - before changing the email.

Also understand that if moderation is in progress, you may lose a few because you killed the email before giving things a chance to play out. Especially with platforms that can take time to create a link.

SER handles it automatically.

• Thx for the reply ron.

How often does it verify emails and can i chg that setting? And once it verifies, at what point does it go back to the site and submit the article?

I notice some of the sites email the password. Does the program go into the email and collect the password so it knows the login info? If not, how can I skip those sites?
  • ronron SERLists.com

SER is a multi-tasker, so it will efficiently and randomly scrape for websites to post to, submit posts, verify emails, and verify if the link exists. Any of those things can be happening on any project at any time.

Yes, it will get account info and proceed. So there is nothing to skip.

Also make sure you hit:

Helpful Advice If New To GSA SER

It will help you a lot. :)

• Thx for the answers and the link to your article. The links in there are great, I'll be devouring all of that the next few days.

The reason I ask how often the emails are verified is because I ran the software for an hour just doing article links and in that entire time it didn't verify emails or submit any articles. Is that normal? If theres a thread on here that you can point me to about this topic I'd greatly appreciate it. I haven't found any on this.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I don't remember any article threads. I just know it can take some time. By just leaving it alone, I get quite a few properties for my T1. Actually more than I need.

If someone else can chime in, that would be appreciated.

• I got an email response from Sven thought I'd post it here for others to see if anyone wants it:

I just started with the software and have most things nailed down but what I'm confused about if I'm running a project for article submission and I have the status set to Active and start the project, at what point are the emails verified and then the actual article submitted to the site? Or do I have to do this manually by choosing Active (Verify E-mails Only)?

The verification is based on the engine used. Some do an email verification each hour, some each 5 hours and so on. But you don't have to care about this really. After verification is done, the normal process continues (login, submission, later verification of sent article).

If it auto verifies email with the status set to just "Active" how can i change how often the emails are verified? And how long after the emails are verified is the article submitted?

You can not change this (only one setting allows you to overwrite automatic verification to a set one, or if you change the status to verify only). But again, after verification, everything continues...nothing for you to care about.