Skip to content

Is this correct to avoid conflict between cg and gsa?

If I upload my content with all my links/anchors already inserted via cg export...should I leave all of the related fields blank in gsa? It doesn't let me save the project unless there is at least one url in that top field...but should i leave the various anchor fields blank and unchecked so there isnt a conflict or hows that work?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you should fill that out
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    you should fill that out
    ok thanks. how is that working alongside my cg exports for the articles that already have my links in them?
    It's best to use the macro %url% when defining a project in CG.
    Sven said:
    It's best to use the macro %url% when defining a project in CG.
    im not sure what you mean? in what sections? in the articles being setup inside cg before exporting to gsa? 

and leave the anchor settings blank in cg, and just use the ones in gsa?
    Instead of using real URLs, you would use %url% as macro inside GSA Content Generator.
    Sven said:
    Instead of using real URLs, you would use %url% as macro inside GSA Content Generator.
    So this is what you mean @Sven for the macro , where to use it in cg vs the actual url? then when its uploaded to gsa it will insert the urls i have added in the main project url section?

I'm still a bit confused on some options syncing up between the two programs though.

I think maybe the options and method I was trying to use makes more sense if I'm exporting spun article outputs in html format to add to a wordpress blog or web 2.0 blog post manually? For that I would of course want to use actual urls vs the macro.

But for uploading the gsa, I should use the macro there for it to insert urls...but leave the anchor sections in cg output area unchecked like this? 

And that way gsa is using its internal anchor selections with all those options?

What about the input section i took a screenshot of in that first image...where i put the macro for the url. in the right hand panel it says "leave empty to use keywords as anchors".  should i just put the same exact list of anchors in there that i put inside the main anchor field in gsa project settings?

thanks

ps- it would still be great to have the more granular options in cg that gsa has for anchor outputs so i can use that for the blog html article outputs too
    If you use it with SER only, you can as well uncheck the option to insert URL/Anchors and leave it to SER to find a good spot to place the links.