Skip to content

Best Practise on VpM

rastarrrastarr Thailand
edited January 2023 in GSA Proxy Scraper
Newbie Proxy Scraper here.

Using webshare private proxies, I'm getting anywhere between 50 and 100 VpM out of GSA SER
In testing proxies scraped out of Scraper from the last few days (i.e Public proxies only), I notice the VpM drops down to around 15 VpM so I have a few questions on settings.

[1] Does the location of the proxy have any bearing on the VpM results?
[2] Or is the speed of the proxy more important in getting better results?

I live in Thailand so wondering whether I should be applying any speed and/or location filtering inside Proxy Scraper or that I need to sit tight and collect a bigger array of proxies.

Any other best practices that people have found to work better?

Comments

• Hey rastarr - Whats VpM?

The way I get my Proxies is a Filtering stage - At the moment I am interested in USA Websites.

1. Ping is important, as I go for anything less that 2 seconds
    2. Proxies that seem to have died, have closed their Ports as they think they are under attack

So for you in your Location, go to the website I suggested, or any where you can filter our what Countries you can aim for
  • edited January 2023
    ps - Search for IP Ranges of known proxy Locations you want.
    All IP's have Text names - ie DNS resolving
    Drop down the Menu on this site for example
    https://proxydb.net

Dont ever use Gateway proxies, as they can be suspicious, and also Be aware of the Banned IP Range database

• VpM is verifications per minute

Proxy Scraper is already providing some good proxies which great to see. Sadly though, Proxy Scraper does not (that I can see) provide any way to filter on speed and nor does GSA SER. It's a manual thing so I think/hope Sven is soon to build this in to one of the programs. 
  • edited January 2023
    Your Proxy Scraper looks different than mine.
    Just Grab 1000's of Proxies, and Filter out everything except Thailand in your case.
    But saying that, I generally avoid Australia for example, but there have been times where Aussies Proxies have been Faster than some of Mine.
    Go Google the Tracert command, Basically How many Bunny Hops it takes to get to the destination

EDIT - Sadly though, Proxy Scraper does not (that I can see) provide any way to filter on speed
    I use the Click at Top option to clump together my list

I use Powershell
    tracert microsoft.com as an example

• The screenshot showing VpM is from the bottom of GSA Search Engine Ranker BTW
    I'd prefer to have things automated by the tools I use. I'm looking forward to Proxy Scraper being able to filter on speed and pass those to GSA SER automatically.
    I think speed, as opposed to location, would be the better factor to increase my VpM, in GSA SER. But I'm open to other opinions naturally.

• I agree Speed would be good and still keep location
    I am not sure what you use proxies for, but I used to use them for SEO, but just use them for fun now, and non profit
  • I agree Speed would be good and still keep location
    I am not sure what you use proxies for, but I used to use them for SEO, but just use them for fun now, and non profit
    I use mostly for GSA Search Engine Ranker, a companion program to GSA Proxy Scraper, built also by Sven
  • Ahh Cool
    I have Scrapebox but havnt used it for years

Try Scraping this - http://free-proxy.cz/en/proxylist/country/TH/all/ping/all with the ALL Directories Option

• parse sublinks I meant
  • Ahh Cool
    I have Scrapebox but havnt used it for years

Try Scraping this - http://free-proxy.cz/en/proxylist/country/TH/all/ping/all with the ALL Directories Option

Nice one. I added http://free-proxy.cz/en/proxylist/country/all/all/ping/all as a provider for automation :)
  • edited January 2023
    Well Done ...

As a quick scan I got 1052 Proxies, but I have filtered them all out.
    I guess there should be 100's of good ones

You do know about Proxy Scrapers internal Scan Feature?

Thanked by 1rastarr