Skip to content

GSA is crashing and consuming a lot of memory.

AllanAllan seoservices.com.br
Hi,

After the last update GSA is crashing and consuming a lot of memory.

Can you check if you have a problem?

Allan

Comments

• Same here. Also it gets slower and slower for getting new links. A few hours later it just stops and does nothing. I have just installed a previous version now.
  • AllanAllan seoservices.com.br
    It is also stopping and the message to send a bug report to the developer appears.

pic bug
    The problem still persists, even after today's update...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im sorry but there is no change made except some timinings to lower cpu usage.
    @Sven my GSA stopped, I restart the program, I'm running 5 campaigns, it increases the memory usage, until it reaches approximately 4GB of used memory, and then the program stops for good.

Everything was working perfectly, after the last update it started these problems.

i checked my proxies and emails, everything is working correctly, but i don't understand why the GSA stopped.

Can you help me?
    Still investigating what this might be...right now I have no idea.

Hi Sven,

I don't know what's going on, I already checked proxies and emails, GSA is running alone on a Xeon E-1245 dedicated server with 32gb of ram.

I'm working with 8 campaigns, active and 300 threads, 20 dedicated proxies and 5 captchall email accounts.

I can't even imagine what could be the problem, GSA Ranker starts running and in less than 5 minutes it increases the memory a lot and it just stops working.

I updated the latest version, but the problem still persists, I'm not sure what to do...

Allan
    It's really strange. I can not reproduce this here. I will try to review the changes I made over the days and try to figure out what it might have been.
    Hi Sven,

GSA Ranker has been running for 30 minutes and hasn't stopped, I think the problem has been resolved, this update on memory usage apparently fixed it.

One suggestion I'd like to pass on, when doing email verification and link rechecking, it uses a lot of memory.

I think that if you could make GSA Ranker not do this check in several campaigns simultaneously, it would solve this problem and avoid high memory and CPU usage.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Allan
    You have an option for that in project options->email accounts->Time to wait between two logins