Skip to content

Disable PR-checking on a project level

edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
Hi

I would like to see an option to disable PR-checking on a project level. Performing these checks on the massive amount of tiered links being created every day forces me to use public proxies to not get my private proxies' banned for PR-checking. I would rather use my private proxies to only check PR for my tier 1 links.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    PR checking is done on project level all by default.
  • Then how come I see PR values in the last verified URLs window even though I don't filter urls by PR value in my projects? Does the software remember PR of earlier discovered domains?
    Of course on a verified URL you see the PR as that is discovered than. This PR value is also saved. Though if you do not use the PR filter for submission, I don't see a reason why this should be any issue.
  • "Of course on a verified URL you see the PR as that is discovered than."

Are you saying that the software is checking PR of all verified urls regardless of any settings? If so, that's is exactly the kind of behavior I want to control on a project level.

"This PR value is also saved."

Ok. That is good to know.

"Though if you do not use the PR filter for submission, I don't see a reason why this should be any issue."

Because I would like to have the option in the future to apply that PR-filter to tier 1 projects and use my private proxies to perform these PR-checks.
    So you get like 1000's verified URLs a minute or what? I don't see a problem here. the PR value is only resolved when a new verified URL is added to a project.
  • "So you get like 1000's verified URLs a minute or what?"

No. Enough for Google bans anyway.

"I don't see a problem here. the PR value is only resolved when a new verified URL is added to a project."

With a new verified URL you mean the unqiue url as whole or just the domain part of the same url?

The problem is that my private proxies' PR-checking capability got banned by Google due to my tiered link building. Since I don't need to know the PR on those links I would rather have the PR-checking capability of my private proxies reserved for my first tier exclusively.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Are you using private proxies or shared private proxies?

If they are shared private proxies, how do you know what the others sharing them are using them for?

• I'm using private proxies, not shared ones.

>With a new verified URL you mean the unique url as whole or just the domain part of the same url?

Depends on your project settings. 

Why do you use PR checks with proxies? It's a setting, just turn that off...your real IP is used but who cares if you use the proxies for searching...noone cares than.

• "Why do you use PR checks with proxies?"

To spread the PR-checks over mutliple IPs so that they don't get banned for that capability.

"It's a setting, just turn that
    off...your real IP is used but who cares if you use the proxies for
    searching...noone cares than."

If I were to use my real IP for PR-checking than I would be making things even worse since I would only have 1 IP doing all the checking, and thus gettring banned even faster.

What I want is an option to disable PR-checking completely on a project level.