Skip to content

Safe cutoff time to stop reverifying links?

googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
First off, thank you Sven for implementing my request on adding this option...its very cool!

I know this is sort of an ambiguous q/a...but I'm wondering what you all have found thru experience/testing/educated guesses...

What's a safe max cutoff time to stop reverifying the same links again and again vs doing it indefinitely every X days.

I don't want to do it too soon of course and then be building t2 links to t1 links that end up getting deleted and wasting all those resources. But I also don't want to clog up the resources of gsa by reverifying links forever.

A lot of sites are going to delete links immediately or same day via manual moderators and/or whatever auto algo spam filter they have in place...some will take a few days to moderate or have things reported, etc. 

I have it in my head that at least some site owners just do a full weekly (or monthly?) scheduled sweep but I dunno if that's a real thing.

So right now, I'm thinking of setting things to verify initially once per day vs automatically...then have it reverify again on the 8th day...giving the links a good full week to sit and season and pass any potential moderation/deletion. 

And only then...whatever stable links are left...don't bother to ever reverify again...and starting to build t2 links to them as well as using the same delay to sending those solid links to indexer services.

Or am i overthinking this or misunderstanding how much time/lpm is lost by reverifying links, even on larger mass scale levels?

Thanks