Skip to content

The latest version of the thread is not responding

The latest version of the thread is not responding
After running for a period of time, there is no response, it cannot be stopped, and the process can only be forced to end

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Do you see it working (log scrolling)?
    I got your bugreport on this but the problem seems you previously got an exception about low memory and so there are now threads with an unknown status. You need to take care of the exceptions happened before ad lower memory usage.
  • Sven said:
    I got your bugreport on this but the problem seems you previously got an exception about low memory and so there are now threads with an unknown status. You need to take care of the exceptions happened before ad lower memory usage.
    I only use 100 threads and my computer has 128GB of RAM
  • Before I updated the new version, I used 800 threads and never encountered this situation
    It's a 32bit app that can not use more than 3.8gb or ram
  • Sven said:
    It's a 32bit app that can not use more than 3.8gb or ram
    How can I optimize, I used to have 800 threads, and there was no problem, but after yesterday's update, it didn't work
    threads are used a lot better in latest update, so you can lower the amount and still get a the same amount of links...just try to lower it and check.
  • @sickseoHello, buddy, have you encountered this situation with me? How many threads are you using now?
  • Sven said:
    threads are used a lot better in latest update, so you can lower the amount and still get a the same amount of links...just try to lower it and check.
    After I modified the thread, the efficiency is much slower than before. Can you help me check the server? I don't know where is the problem.I only updated the new version and did not do other operations, but the efficiency is very slow
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    16.05 was causing me issues so I abandoned it. On pressing start it seems the projects load a lot slower than previous verisons, and then the software would freeze and stay frozen. Never had that happen before on previous versions.

I'm running 16.06 now. Seems to be running ok although vpm seems to be a lot lower than previous versions. Achieving just over 100 vpm at 500 threads. The benchmark for me is 1 vpm per thread, meaning at 500 threads I normally see 500 vpm. Not the case with this version, it's running at about 1/5th of the performance I normally see on previous versions.

16.04 was the most recent version that was running fast with no issues.

I'm testing a lot of the older versions too, such as 15.88, still one my favourites. Don't want to be using such old versions though, but vpm and speed of link verification is still a top priority for me.
    Thanked by 1Smeklinis
  • sickseo said:
    16.05 was causing me issues so I abandoned it. On pressing start it seems the projects load a lot slower than previous verisons, and then the software would freeze and stay frozen. Never had that happen before on previous versions.

I'm running 16.06 now. Seems to be running ok although vpm seems to be a lot lower than previous versions. Achieving just over 100 vpm at 500 threads. The benchmark for me is 1 vpm per thread, meaning at 500 threads I normally see 500 vpm. Not the case with this version, it's running at about 1/5th of the performance I normally see on previous versions.

16.04 was the most recent version that was running fast with no issues.

I'm testing a lot of the older versions too, such as 15.88, still one my favourites. Don't want to be using such old versions though, but vpm and speed of link verification is still a top priority for me.
    After I run 16.06 for a period of time, his thread will be unresponsive, that may be a software compatibility problem. After communicating with you last year, I have been using 800 threads, and it can't run at all in 16.06.
  • @Sven Hi buddy, Can you provide me with the historical version to download?
    I've got the old versions here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvaPxZBKuUdaibU4O4V2T307c5LarA?e=Cr8sEa

16.04 is the best one out of the recent versions.
  • sickseo said:
    I've got the old versions here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvaPxZBKuUdaibU4O4V2T307c5LarA?e=Cr8sEa

16.04 is the best one out of the recent versions.
    Thank you bro!
  • @sickseo
    That's very good of you, thanks
    After reverting to version 16.04, my threads were back to normal!
  • @SvenBe sure to check the new version where the problem is, the thread is unresponsive, the performance is slow, this is not a problem that I have encountered alone
  • I found this problem. work very slow
    Try 16.07 the latest version. Running on dedi and vps. Both are running really nice for me.
    Thanked by 1padungsak1911
  • padungsak1911padungsak1911 Singapore
    edited March 2022
    I have updated and tested version 16.07 cpu working at 100%

Before I was using 16.04 it was working fine.
    Best to stick to 16.04. I noticed with 16.07 there is a delay with projects starting and software is frozen for about  a minute before they start to run. Once they're running, it seems fine for me. But 16.04 is by far the best version.
  • The reason is probably because I have a lot of projects. Make the work of version 16.07 cpu 100%
    Yes, too many projects will cause that. I'm managing to run up to 130 projects per install. Anything higher than that causes the software to run out of memory before projects finish. But this will also depend on how big your site list is. I've seen maximum 7.5 million urls in one install before, but normally i'll have between 2-3 million urls per install.
  • If I have a lot of projects, should each vps be separate or should I use a single vps with high specs to run many projects?
    Using multiple vps/installs will be the best way to handle multiple projects. Even on my dedi servers which are very high spec, the software still has the same memory limit as it's 32 bit. Which means I can still run about 130 projects with my current site list. It doesn't help to run more projects. But it does help with the vpm and speeds are maybe triple compared to the vps I have. 

My vps can run at over 500 vpm and the dedi servers can run at 1500-2500 vpm. But the max number of projects on both is the same. So you're better off investing in multiple vps with multiple gsa ser licenses. That's what I've done and how I manage to do SEO on so many client projects, as well as my own. I use hetzner and an additional vps is only 8 euros/month. So very cheap to deploy.

My dedis are primarily for XEvil and captcha solving to support all the cheap vps I have. So the vps only run gsa ser and nothing else. They only have 3vcpu and 4gb ram which is all gsa ser needs to run. It won't go beyond 4gb ram as it's 32 bit.
  • sickseo said:
    Using multiple vps/installs will be the best way to handle multiple projects. Even on my dedi servers which are very high spec, the software still has the same memory limit as it's 32 bit. Which means I can still run about 130 projects with my current site list. It doesn't help to run more projects. But it does help with the vpm and speeds are maybe triple compared to the vps I have. 

My vps can run at over 500 vpm and the dedi servers can run at 1500-2500 vpm. But the max number of projects on both is the same. So you're better off investing in multiple vps with multiple gsa ser licenses. That's what I've done and how I manage to do SEO on so many client projects, as well as my own. I use hetzner and an additional vps is only 8 euros/month. So very cheap to deploy.

My dedis are primarily for XEvil and captcha solving to support all the cheap vps I have. So the vps only run gsa ser and nothing else. They only have 3vcpu and 4gb ram which is all gsa ser needs to run. It won't go beyond 4gb ram as it's 32 bit.
    Hello buddy, may I ask which company's proxy are you using?
    I've got a new supplier right now. It's actually one of my clients that set them up for me. I've got a block of 1014 proxies that I'm running on nearly 100 installs. They've been tweaked specifically for running GSA SER and I've been testing them on my own installs for speed and performance.

Speeds are absolutely insane lol Way faster than any other provider I've used. I seem to break proxies from all my other providers as they can't handle the threads. Or they just ban me as they're not seo friendly. But my current supplier is by far the best.

There isn't a website up yet for purchasing them, but hopefully, there will be soon. Prices are very competitive too.

If you want to test them or buy them, I can get you more details as they have worked out a pricing structure already, but are yet to get a sales page up for customers. 
    Thanked by 1draculax
  • sickseo said:
    I've got a new supplier right now. It's actually one of my clients that set them up for me. I've got a block of 1014 proxies that I'm running on nearly 100 installs. They've been tweaked specifically for running GSA SER and I've been testing them on my own installs for speed and performance.

Speeds are absolutely insane lol Way faster than any other provider I've used. I seem to break proxies from all my other providers as they can't handle the threads. Or they just ban me as they're not seo friendly. But my current supplier is by far the best.

There isn't a website up yet for purchasing them, but hopefully, there will be soon. Prices are very competitive too.

If you want to test them or buy them, I can get you more details as they have worked out a pricing structure already, but are yet to get a sales page up for customers. 
    I want proxy details.
  • I am interested in the proxies too.