Skip to content

What causes verification failed?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I'm seeing thousands of "verification failed" fly by on my dashboard.
How do I interpret this and what corrections should I make?

Thanks,
George

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    read the FAQ
  • @Sven - Are you sure it's in FAQ? There's a couple references to "download failed errors" but I couldnt find anything on what I asked about.

Thanks,
    George
  • Taken from the FAQ:

"How long does it take to verify my submissions?
    It can take up to 5 days until a submission is checked. Be patient.

Why are there more verified than submitted links?
    If a submitted URL timed out (to many unsuccessful checks) it will be removed, so the number of submitted links can decrease and is sometimes lower than the number of verified links."

Basically, verification failed means it has been checked to see if you got the link but after 5 days it stops checking resulting in the verification failed message.

It will then be removed from the list.  You should expect to see tons of these as it the nature of the beast.  Most people get between 10-20% verified from all links submitted so you will see verification failed for the other 80-90%.

Nowt to worry about.
  • what engines do you use?
  • @thisisalex - I'm using articles and social networks for my contextual tiers. Blog comments, directories, forum, guestbook, microblog and social bookmark for my non-contextual tiers. I've tried to set up my projects the way Ozz and Ron have recommended.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Have you changed all the standard comments to your own?
  • edited March 2013
    @LeeG - No I haven't. I'm using blog comments on lower tiers with very generic keyword lists...
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Bin the blog comments and add your own.

Its worth the effort

Think how many people are using the same out the box content and how easily it will be flagged as spam

If you get it right, you will see a big boost in verified

I went from 1 in 20 to 1 in 10, just by doing that

• @LeeG - That's good to know... I will do it today - Thanks for your help!