Skip to content

Replacing by Capitalization (with Mask) Rule

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 2022 in GSA Content Generator
I know there's already a place where we can specify words and phrases, in Output, but I was wondering if we could have a way to write custom rules for replacing based on patterns.

Like:
Replacing a series of capital letters with a user-defined phrase.
So X - Y number of capitals in a row, replace with Z (user supplied)
This may be limited with a mask. (Only MIN - MAX # words capitalized) if, and only if, there's a word like "Inc., Co. Company, Shop, etc."

I am trying to get rid of names of businesses in my output. I guess this could be a nightmare, as a person's name, written as two capitalized words in a row, might be replaced with the name of your business or whatever. lol

So...........

This sounds like a bit much, but...OK, first check a database of places. If there's a match, replace with user-supplied place. (If user did not set, do nothing)

Any other capitalized words that are left, scan against database for people's names. User can choose to replace or leave it....

Finally, after going through names and places, we're left with capitalization for everything else:

business names...and other stuff...lol These can be replaced with the name of the business or web site.

This would be cool, but I don't know that it's really doable as anything other than an API service...

GSACG...this feature would  bloat it too much. :(

Is this worth thinking about? Anyone see a reason why it isn't??

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2022
    what if we had the OPTION to check against online databases for names and places else just replace without that check?

Then, it wouldn't bloat GSACG!!!!!!!!!

hmm...above,,,might also want "exclude" certain number capitalized words in a row...

I don't know, just thinking. :)