Skip to content

How does GSA handle no form found on the page?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Well, it's time I get back to my daily question about SER and more of understanding what's under the hood, so I can help give back to everyone who supports one another on here and future generation users of SER can search and find some answers on confusing topics like this one...

In this question I am wondering what happens when GSA can't find a form, like for example a shockwave app (see pic here)

You can see there is no form id or names, so I don't know how SER can handle this... How, as a curious SER engine builder do we get around this... Or is it even possible that SER can submit to these kinds of websites? 

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it matches by name, id and url...it can also match by most possible variables defined for each form. So in most cases this form name/id/url is not really required...the program will than match against the form which looks most usable for the defined variables.
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks sven, so in this example what would you typically do? Since I can't find the form

If it were me I'd try:

Sm_Buildmodule=some button on the page?

But I don't think that would work because it's a shockwave app? So I guess a better question is how does SER work with shockwave menus?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

oh well if thats some flash/javascript you need to do that all manually like...

modify url=<url where the final url sends the data>

add fixed data=varname1=content1;varname2=content2;...

• Ahh, now that makes sense. Thanks