Skip to content

Default settings options request

googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
edited December 2021 in GSA Content Generator
Is there a way to create overall default settings. 

When I create a new project I input a keyword, then I have to manually open up that keyword and deselect the 'keyword must be in url' and 'keyword must be in title' boxes.

When I click on 'tools' to load settings from a template project that I created...it just has the output and filter settings selected...I also always want to load source settings.

Also the initial spinner config

Just trying to save time for something I'm doing repeatadly alot

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    there is a "settings.dat" file in the projects folder. Thats used as the default file when you create a new project. Just modify that to your needs.
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    edited December 2021
    Sven said:
    there is a "settings.dat" file in the projects folder. Thats used as the default file when you create a new project. Just modify that to your needs.
    edit found it thanks
    cd %appdata%\gsa content generator\projects
    Ive been tinkering with this a bit but cant seem to figure out whats what...

I've tried control F and searching for the different options and switching from 0/1 on different things but nothing seems to be updating the default starter settings I'm after?

that term under the combobox is the thing you need to use here.
    Sven said:
    that term under the combobox is the thing you need to use here.
    Im not sure what you mean? In the input section? I tried changing mix=1 to mix=2 and keyword options from =0 to =1 and didnt notice any change after saving the file and restarting cg
    Ahh wait, you want it for the default Wizzard. Thats indeed not using the default setting.dat file, only if you create a new project with the advanced options.