Skip to content

Question about ranking web2.0 subdomain

edited March 2013 in Need Help
If I were trying to rank a web2.0 subdomain for a keyword and get it to the top of the search engines, could it be done more easily by bypassing the whole link pyramid structure and be done just by blasting the web2.0 straight up?   
Tagged:

Comments

• test it and let us know
  • i think blasting only one tier is more effient
  • Your going to get the same results as you would blasting a typical domain. There really is no difference, whether it's a standard domain or web 2.0 subdomain. You'll gain short term results (and probably much quicker as well), but in the long term, your results will always diminish.

As always....if you want the subdomain to last for more than a month+, then set up other web 2.0s underneath and channel most of your links to those properties. IMHO, there really is no correct answer......you can get quick, short term results OR stick to the the long term results and build up your 1st/2nd tiers.

• I'm basing this question on the fact that I'm mainly aiming for low competition long tail keywords, so I'd want to try to rank these keywords as easily as possible as any given one is not a blockbuster so to speak. So basically I don't want to do overkill on this SEO for them.