Skip to content

output option not honoring nofollow option?

im trying to get the hang of the software...loving it so far, but having some confusion.

in the output section i have the authority links box checked and have it set to 100% nofollow, but none of the output articles have the nofollow tag for any of my added authority links.

is this only applying that function to urls that i let the software scrape internally vs the ones i add manually? i added my own authority links 

also how can i set it to nofollow the image hotlinks?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thanks, I was able to replicate this and will fix it in next update.
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    Thanks, I was able to replicate this and will fix it in next update.
    thanks, authority links is nofollowing like a champ now...but is there a way to do the same for the image links too?
    hmm image links are in the end regular links or authority links and will use your setting.
    Sven said:
    hmm image links are in the end regular links or authority links and will use your setting.
    my insert urls option for my main links is set to 0% nofollow
    my authority links is set to 100% nofollow
    im not sure what other option to tweak for the images

the authority links are setting the nofollow tag just fine since your recent update (thanks) but the images are still not being affected. i dont wanna bleed link juice to hotlinking images to other peoples sites.
    i see it adding rel=nofollow for that as well...just as it should!?
    Sven said:
    i see it adding rel=nofollow for that as well...just as it should!?
    I apologize, I'm misunderstanding and have to ask a really dumb question. I was just looking at the html source code of the output articles. I have authority links set to sometimes link from an image vs always linking from word anchors. When I see the linked images, they do haev the nofollow tag, and when i actually preview those in a test wordpress post...that image is clickable.

When I see just the image code in the article...here is where i am being stupid apparently sorry...I see the url for the jpg image at whatever other website...there is not a nofollow tag there, but when i upload that to my test blog post...that image is not clickable but when i click on 'open image in new tab' or copy image address it opens up to the other sites jpg url.

I've been messing around with websites and seo for over a decade, this is really embarrassing I'm misunderstanding this. I guess I've always just been uploading images directly to my site and using them that way, all the urls are internal. Never really thought about this I guess.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the confusion on my end.
    edited December 2021
    No need to feel sorry or embarrassed ... at least you reported back so I know all is working as it should.
    If you want, you can try some plugins where the external image links get transformed into internal links automatically. We have discuses this in another thread here before:
    edited December 2021
    Hey thanks for linking to that other thread, that plugin is AWESOME! Works great on the site I just tested it on...absolutely perfect and imo a big deal for my pbns thanks again.

I'm still wondering if there is anything that can be done for non shwp pbn sites that dont use this plugin to prevent bleeding any juice via the hotlinked images there? I'm still kind of technically confused on how image hotlinking works, not as a 'real link' but the host site still shows up when you open the image in a new tab/copy the image link. I was just listening to this video..and around 2mintues 19 seconds the relevant part comes up where he discusses they kind of act like an embed and pass some sort of link juice

So I'm thinking...for non shwp sites I'm building links on...instead of using the various scraped image hotlink urls...I'm going to collect a bunch of images that are on my own assets..all my branded web 2.0 sites/social networks/etc. AND/OR for any high quality contextual first tier links im building ill use all the image urls I have in my media section of my moneysites.