Skip to content

GSA sometimes really slows down or stops working

CodovCodov Ukraine
edited December 2021 in Need Help
In the last few days, I noticed that GSA threads drop sharply and begin to work slowly.
However, if you press Stop and Start, the project works fine. 
So what could be the problem? 
You can also see in the screenshot the time intervals on the log.

Comments

• More time screen and threads drop

• CodovCodov Ukraine
    edited December 2021
    Also noticed that if you change the status of the project Active to Stop, it takes a very long time to stop the project.

I've been waiting for five minutes for the project to stop... I feel like it's easier to close the program and restart everything.

UPDATE:

I had to close the program because the project status just froze. 
    What is it? 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't know what this is...but you can try clicking on HELP->Create Bugreport if this happened again (not stopping) and add a reference to this thread.
  • Codov said:
    Also noticed that if you change the status of the project Active to Stop, it takes a very long time to stop the project.

I've been waiting for five minutes for the project to stop... I feel like it's easier to close the program and restart everything.

UPDATE:

What is it? 
    When this happens, I right click on the project interface and choose "refresh". It instantly stops the projects that have been set to inactive.
  • Sven said:
    I don't know what this is...but you can try clicking on HELP->Create Bugreport if this happened again (not stopping) and add a reference to this thread.

Thanks! Already send it.
  • sickseo said:
    Codov said:

UPDATE:

What is it? 
    When this happens, I right click on the project interface and choose "refresh". It instantly stops the projects that have been set to inactive.

Interesting solution, it directly restarted the process, and the program continued to work normally.
    But why does it have to be refreshed? 
  • I've no idea, but it's been my soluton in such instances. Only issue with doing this though is that even if I delete submitted urls, verified urls, target url cache and url history, when I close the software and restart it, the backlink numbers reappear from the old project. Doesn't happen all the time, but certainly some of the time.
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    This is because you are trying to scrape targets from search engines and it seems your Proxies are blocked by these search engines. Use one link list service. You may find all related services in the BST section.
  • AliTab said:
    This is because you are trying to scrape targets from search engines and it seems your Proxies are blocked by these search engines. Use one link list service. You may find all related services in the BST section.

Hm...
    But I have upload a list with verified url, also I have check this:

Just right-click on search engines and "check None". Then, see what happens
    Thanked by 1Codov
  • AliTab said:

wow, checking, threads 100, workins perfectly for now, need to wait some hours.
    Thank you very much!
    Codov said:
    AliTab said:

Thank you very much!
    Perfect. Good luck with your projects  :)
  • AliTab said:
    Codov said:
    AliTab said:

Thank you very much!
    Perfect. Good luck with your projects  :)

After 3-4 hours of work, threads drop again and the program works very slow. A have also included debug.

• And as always after stop - refresh - active works fine...
    How many URLs are in your list?
    You may run out of targets. Select all of your projects. Then, right-click -> modify project -> delete target URL history + delete target URL cache
    If this starts again to be working, your targets were finished. Now, it will start to go through to your processed lists again and you will have backlinks from the same urls.
  • AliTab said:
    You may run out of targets. Select all of your projects. Then, right-click -> modify project -> delete target URL history + delete target URL cache
    If this starts again to be working, your targets were finished. Now, it will start to go through to your processed lists again and you will have backlinks from the same urls.
    Thanks for reply!
    This problem was even when there were few URLs, at the moment Verified list - 16000, submitted 4400 
    Codov said:
    AliTab said:
    Thanks for reply!
    This problem was even when there were few URLs, at the moment Verified list - 16000, submitted 4400 
    I will be glad to help you sort this out. Please contact me through Skype and we can have one AnyDesk session. I will check to find out your issue.
    https://join.skype.com/invite/FMYN8RO2K2J8
  • @Codov I don't know if others having same slow down, but from its seem GSA not doing good with Global site list, its more effective using import from project option --> import url list from site list after clean the cache url. But you need to remove duplicate, and from time to time you need to check url statistic, and do some update. This process should be done automatically using global list, but somehow its not working as it should 24/7, there must be something on the program itself. I have 500k+ site list, but url statistic show only a few dozen site.
  • Напишите свой комментарийbolaplay said:
    @Codov I don't know if others having same slow down, but from its seem GSA not doing good with Global site list, its more effective using import from project option --> import url list from site list after clean the cache url. But you need to remove duplicate, and from time to time you need to check url statistic, and do some update. This process should be done automatically using global list, but somehow its not working as it should 24/7, there must be something on the program itself. I have 500k+ site list, but url statistic show only a few dozen site.
    Thanks for the reply! Fortunately, the problem turned out to be much simpler!
    @AliTab connected to my server checked everything and found out that my database consists mainly of indexers, and I had them turned off! Because of that, the program quickly ran out of engines, which I marked and just stopped :D
    Thanked by 1AliTab