Skip to content

I've Been Doing It All Wrong!

I am trying to rectify my errors in SEO.

I probably was in error hitting a money site with noncontextuals created by SER.

Have  I ruined my money sites? When a "Churn and burn" site burns, what does that mean? How do I know if I've burned my money sites inadvertently? Thanks.

Comments

• Mike_RossMike_Ross Arizona, USA
    Deeeeeeee said:
    I am trying to rectify my errors in SEO.

I probably was in error hitting a money site with noncontextuals created by SER.

Have  I ruined my money sites? When a "Churn and burn" site burns, what does that mean? How do I know if I've burned my money sites inadvertently? Thanks.

Noncontextual link doesn't harm your backlink profile. At least i don't believe it. All my dominant websites contain noncontextual. IT's a must to natural diversity.

So don't worry. Just understand your own backlink ratio with ahrefs and balance it. 

BTW i run some churn and burn campaigns purely built with automated content plus gsa blasts and been there now for 4 - 6 months last. but i know they are churning thats not cause of backlinks thats cause of content i put there. lol

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2021
    So, maybe you or others can answer me this, then:
    What is OK for T1s? I mean, are there engines in SER that should NEVER be used?
    I am told that many use RankerX for T1s now.

For T1s: I've used a combination of hand-written blog posts, hand-written articles, real social media, and the rest I used to use SER, both at T1 for readable and unique spun articles, as well as just lots of other links at T1and higher-numbered tiers. And, that was it.
    Is this still OK? I really want to get with the program already and do this right! I am trying to fill in the gaps in how I was using the GSA tools.

Matthew Woodward says only use SER at T1 for C&B projects. But why can't that be part of a SEO strategy for a website that is meant to endure? Please, someone who understands, please explain. It's been years, literally, and I still don't get it.
    I just still have a ton of confusion.

G00G again recommends clean linking, so where does that leave us, really?
  • Who's Matthew Woodward? Never seen him here on the forum!
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • SER for T1 can be part of a long term strategy. All you have to do is implement it into your strategy and prove to yourself that it can.

Until you do that, you'll always be wondering. It's been a part of my strategy as Tier 1 for years. I've not had any sites penalised and honestly it makes me laugh everytime I read that someone is too scared to do something with software.

Put up a test domain and smack it with links and do your best to get it penalised. Build millions of them in a few days with GSA SER and see what happens to it. I suspect you'll start to rank lol
    If it gets penalised (it won't) then start up your own negative SEO business and start charging clients to link blast their competitors off page 1. You really have nothing to lose lol

"Google recommends clean linking?" lol You do realise that artificial link building is against googles TOS? This covers almost every link building tactic in the book, they are all against Google's TOS. Including guest posts and outreach which is basically professionally begging for a link. Why these guest posts are supposed to be ok with Google is beyond me, as it's still artificial link building.

You are mixing up different worlds of SEO: "the white hat" and the "not so white hat".

It's entirely up to you which strategy you want to implement. All I can tell you from my own experience is that none of it even matters.

Churn and burn is given the name because the way these SEO's build the links is fast and hence the rank increases are just as fast. The sites appear to get burned when the rankings drop, at which point most SEO's move on to the next project and start over again, believing they've been penalised.

But what they fail to understand is that the ranking drops didn't happen because they got penalised. It happenned because they stopped the aggresive link building. Rank drops are just as hard and as quick as the rank gains are. As time goes on, these links die, so rankings start to drop as key links in tiers also drop.

If you understand this, then it's quite easy to stay ahead of the link loss, isn't it?

Plus when you have access to so many link sources such as GSA SER, or rankerx or any of the other tools out there, why whould you feel the need to choose? Use both if you can afford it. Use both if you know how to run the tools.

IP diversity is a ranking factor.
    Domain authority is a ranking factor

Using both tools as T1, you'll get plenty of both. Disregarding either tool and it's available link sources, you are just making your own SEO life harder for yourself, with less links to play with in your campaigns.
    Thanked by 2Deeeeeeee blue88
    edited December 2021
    SickSEO: Thanks. Yeah, I've ranked with just SER. Then last year, a few rankings fell, and I began  being concerned that it was a penalty.

I will go back to using SER for T1. And, since I have a sub to RankerX, I'll use that as well.

Thanks for the reminder. I really appreciate that you took the time to respond with such care.

I guess I see how silly I've been. :trollface:
    Thanked by 1sickseo
    edited December 2021
    sickseo: Thanks for bringing me back to reality! :pensive:

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited December 2021
    So you've already ranked with the software! lol

All you needed to do was continue what you were doing before. It's because you stopped running those campaigns, that your rankings started to fall. It's simple link loss, and not staying ahead of it.

The servers I set up for clients run 24/7. I literally allocate a set of keywords and target urls to each server for each client or my own projects. The servers never stop running and rankings continue to increase every day. Even when the keywords hit number 1 in Google, the campaigns still keep running. This is how you maintain your rankings and stay ahead of link loss. Also why vpm is critical to the way I do SEO.

There seems to be this "fear factor" which many SEO's suffer from. I can certainly understand why, with so many stories of people losing rankings overnight. I used to be like that many years ago. Then one day I got brave lol My SEO mindset changed from being scared to being more curious and experimental. I literally challenged everything that every SEO said not to do. So I began to test and intentionally tried to penalise my own site. I still do it today and still fail miserably at it. I use my own money sites as a target to build my site lists using all platforms in the software. Nothing bad happens, It just increases the DA significantly as lots of new unique domains are pointing at my money site.

It's actually incredibly difficult to get penalised with just link building. You literally have to put a sign on your site and say "hey Google i'm building links artificially, come and penalise me please" lol

If your on page SEO is bad or uses shady tactics, then yes, you will get penalised. But this is easy to avoid.
    Loved the comment! Yeah; I have alternated between being fearless and afraid.

Fear is never good.

Thanks, friend, for the encouragement and grounding me back in REAL reality!