Skip to content

Keep cache option?

Saw Sven reply to another thread about this setting with this "2) Thats useful to not download the same data again and again. It makes sense if you have projects with same topic. Else you can decrease this value. 5 days however sounds ok to me."

But I'm not quite sure what that means. I work in the same niche topics again and again so would i want to keep this disabled completely or the opposite? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    add the thread link here
    But in 5 days there would not be much of a change on certain websites with articles. It would not use the cache for search engine parsing...just for parsing out the articles.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    But in 5 days there would not be much of a change on certain websites with articles. It would not use the cache for search engine parsing...just for parsing out the articles.

Sven said:
    add the thread link here
    thanks for replying...i realize this is simple stuff for devs but its still making my head hurt unfortunately i apologize. so cg is using the cache to compare already harvested articles, the content or the url, for any changes to those specific articles so it doesnt download the same articles again? 

i must still be misunderstanding as that cant be it or we would never want to delete it. 
    No it's like this...
    1. it downloads the search engine URL result page and parses out the possible new articles listed there...
    2. It will download the article from the url if its new (not in cache) or it the cache it has on hard disk is older than 5 days, else it uses the cache
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist