Skip to content

If I run the same Keyword again, will it fetch the same articles?

If I run the same Keyword again, will it fetch the same articles?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Depends on your settings. If you use the option to only use fresh content then no, else it might use the same previously scraped content.
    But even then it will most likely not create the same content depending on the output algorithm you use.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited November 2021
    Like Sven said, choosing fresh content only will force scraping and you'll get totally new seed content. Unsure if other scraped content besides text (images, etc.) will be taken from what that project's already scraped, or newly scraped only. Sven?

And, also like Sven said,  using already-scraped content (only), the generated articles will certainly not be the same if you use a different algorithm, but even if you use the same one, chances are, your articles will be slightly, or greatly, different, depending on the amount/volume  of seed content already scraped and number of articles you generate each time.
    It will also only take new images/videos or addins.
  • where is the button to only get "fresh" content ?

i have scraped the articles already, & exported them to a project, now i want to delete the articles that are in the gsa content generator project, & scrape new articles again to get new content for another project on gsa ser.

how do i do this ?
    edit the project->sources->buttons at the top will enable/disable the fresh sources only.
  • so if i want to start from scratch , & get new articles for the same project (using same keywords)
    do this -

double click on project
    click on "sources"
    tick "use only fresh data"
    click "save & scrape"

& this will delete the current articles that are in the project & replace them with new articles

no, it will of course keep your previously created articles, but might create new articles out of what sources are found.
  • then how do i do the above ?

i have already exported the articles in there to gsa ser, so how do i do the above ?
    delete created articles, make sure you enabled the option to only use fresh sources, and scrape again.
  • FrancoisKFrancoisK Paris
    edited March 2022
    Hi @Sven,
    If I use the function to use the old data, will it also recover the fresh data?
    If not, is it possible to select both options
    This will allow, to always have, new data

Thanks
    You can use:
    - only fresh data
    - use old and fresh data
    - uncheck all sources and use old data only