Skip to content

Whats the best way to import PI identified urls into gsa?

I'm still a bit confused on the best way to work this...

I have a bunch of urls that i scraped and ran thru PI and the output text files of all the different engines are in the folder.

I see I can also right click on a project in PI and export as .sl file.

Since I used PI to identify all of the scraped raw urls for those gsa can post to...I want to import those into my gsa global identified list so I can pull from that for a test project to see which of those identified urls I can actually submit to, and of those then...that get a verified link.

Is there a point to having the text files vs the .sl file? In the gsa options/advanced section..the only way I can find to import into the global identified list is in the tools/import site lists section and it only takes the .sl file

I see the different folders with the check boxes to the left for the identified/sub/verified/failed which I can open and its text files I could add to manually per engine?

Hopefully I'm making some kind of sense here.

Distilled down...I want to most effective/efficient way to add the urls I identified via pi to my gsa poster to avoid having gsa wasting time identifiying them again or any other dumb mistakes

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    The .sl file is the "site list" file. Just think of the .sl file as a .zip file renamed to .sl. Your Pi output folder zipped up = .sl file. When you import the .sl file into SER, all of your sorted .txt files will be imported into your global site list. ;)

You could even set your Pi output folder as one of your SER global site lists if you wanted to by clicking the down arrow next to the global site list you want to use, then choosing the Pi output folder. 
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    s4nt0s said:
    The .sl file is the "site list" file. Just think of the .sl file as a .zip file renamed to .sl. Your Pi output folder zipped up = .sl file. When you import the .sl file into SER, all of your sorted .txt files will be imported into your global site list. ;)

You could even set your Pi output folder as one of your SER global site lists if you wanted to by clicking the down arrow next to the global site list you want to use, then choosing the Pi output folder. 
    ok so outputting my pi projects into an .sl file is the only way i can upload my identified urls into gsa global lists...what are the text files per engine then its outputting into the default folder for then?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited November 2021
    I'm not sure what you mean, "what are the text files per engine then its outputting into the default folder for then?" The .sl file will extract the sorted individual .txt files into the global site list automatically when you import it. SER doesn't have to sort these URLS again, they are already sorted from Pi. 

You could also set Pi output folder as your identified Global Site list folder like this if you don't want to import a .sl file.  

The associated text files it outputs into the folder. With the option of one single file or separate files per engine. 

edited November 2021

That's actually a really cool idea i hadnt  thought of... im wondering if there would be any potential drawbacks or restrictions to that though that im not thinking of? 

Is it safe to assume that if i used that method, or for that matter when i import additional different .sl files using the tools/import site lists function...it will add to those lists vs overwrite them?

You could also set Pi output folder as your identified Global Site list folder like this if you don't want to import a .sl file.