Skip to content

New project filter by engines question

In the 'filter by engines' section...I dont think I need to enable any of the check boxes on the right hand side. But a few questions I had on the main section on the left for the 'extended engines' and 'SER engines' sections check boxes

The advertising networks and analytics and most of that stuff as far as I can tell I dont have a current use for in order to build links correct? But there are a few that I think I want to check, but am confused why they are listed there as well as in the main SER engines part?

There are a few in the 'cms' section like expression engine, phpfusion, pligg, etc

And in the message boards section the various forums.

And the wiki section.

Do I need to check them in both sections or what am I missing here as to why they are in both areas?

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2021

For link building in SER, the extended engines don't need to be selected at all. The extended engines were added because a user requested them. The extended engines use regex for detection, and because of that, more computer resources are used when they're enabled.

If you want, you could enable any extended engines that match the engines in SER, and that might offer better detection overall, but the trade-off would be more computer resources and potentially slower detection. It's up to you if the trade-off is worth it, but they aren't required at all. 

Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Great explanation thank you. Have you ever done any side by side tests for more accurate numbers?

I guess I'll try 10k urls and run them thru each way to see whats what...with just the 'redundant' engines selected and checked.

Thanks again
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @googlealchemist - I don't think I've done that test. I've pretty much just used the SER engines in Pi and that worked fine for me.