Skip to content

Projects disappeared?

I was about halfway thru sorting about 1.3mill links in PI...I had paused the software and taken my laptop to another house and apparently got some sort of static charge which caused a shut down till i took the battery out and reset it. Computer came back on fine but for whatever reason my projects were gone from PI when I restarted it.

At first it was popping up an error message when starting the program but when I just went to write it down after restarting it now it no longer pops up.

I guess I could take all of the identified and no match urls from those output folders and compare that against the full list and just add those left to a new project and pick up from there but im wondering wtf happened or why the projects dissappeared.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hmm, that's odd. In the settings do you have "auto save projects every x minutes" enabled? You can also select all projects > right click > backup to create backups manually, but projects shouldn't get deleted like that. 

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    s4nt0s said:
    Hmm, that's odd. In the settings do you have "auto save projects every x minutes" enabled? You can also select all projects > right click > backup to create backups manually, but projects shouldn't get deleted like that. 

yeah i just double checked and it is checked
    the projects in the main screen, i only had 2 on there...both are just gone.

i have the destination folder set to one in dropbox, same for the unrecognizable urls folder...but i dont see any output folder autosave projects check box...and dont see it anywhere in the gsa install folder.

as mentioned in this specific case no big deal but now that im using it on a large scale id hate for it to happen once im really going whole hog.