Skip to content

How Many Threads To Use For Website Contact and SER

Hi,

What are the general rules of thumb for how many threads we should use in GSA Website Contact and Search Engine Ranker?

Primarily, I will be scraping, checking, and submitting forms with GSA Website Contact. I'll be using SER later this year. 

I have several different types of projects and I will be using different amounts of proxies at different times. All private HTTP proxies in the US and Canada. In some months/projects I will be using 10 proxies and in other months/projects I will be using 50 proxies.

I currently use 10 threads with 60 proxies. At the bottom of Website Contact, the CPU seems to go between 3 and 15%. Memory goes up to 200mb so far. 4 current projects
1- 1000 sites (only using verified list uploads, no scraping, just checking and sending)
2- 29k sites (only using verified list uploads, no scraping, just checking and sending)
3- 30k sites (only using verified list uploads, no scraping, just checking and sending)
4- 98k sites (Does scraping, checking, sending)

How many threads should I be using? while using the same 10 proxies, and while using the same 50 proxies, across all projects

Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    There is no perfect number for all. It highly depends on network speed and memory usage. Keep in mind that this is 32bit and you need to stay below 4GB of RAM. Watch the status bar and only increase threads slowly to stay below e.g. 2GB to be on a safe site.