Skip to content

question on global site lists vs imported lists

googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
edited March 2013 in Need Help
I'm a bit confused here still.

If I go into a projects options and enable the box to use global site urls, then check the submitted and verified boxes to just use those...is that pulling the submitted/verified urls that were generated only from that specific projects scraping and posting or is that pulling from all of the programs many projects all aggregated into one list?

If I directly import a list into a projects verified section (say a list that i traded or bought from another person that already verified them) does that list stick just with that one project or will that go into the global site url list for all enabled projects?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

New URLs are only added to global site list if that option is enabled in advanced options.

These URLs get used by projects that have the option enabled to use them.

If you however have a list of URLs you want to use for one project, you can simply right click on that project->Import Target URLs.

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Is this correct then?

• @googlealchemist - With the options you have checked, SER will the lists you specified (successful & verified). For every project that you run in SER then, the "successful" and the "verified" will be added to these "global" lists.

Then on new projects, you can check the boxes (under the "Options" on that project) if you want to use urls from these global lists (as well as importing lists into just that project and as well as any new urls that SER finds from doing searches for this project itself).