Skip to content

Paragraph mixer tool?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited September 2021 in GSA Content Generator
A variation on the idea I had:

Have a paragraph mixer. Nothing insane like the other stuff I wanted. (Cool but useless?)

Allow user to specify source data (from other projects) on a per-paragraph basis.

We already have ability to choose sources on a per-PROJECT basis, easily adding in new project data, this is just fine tuning that feature to produce more targeted content.

The results of adding in other projects as GSACG offers right now with a recent update  is def great for for some applications, but it may throw off very  readable writing, resulting in less sensible articles, in some instances.

...a lot simpler than mixing by new algos, percentages, etc. This is a refinement of my original idea. Much simpler. Sven, I know you know I can complicate the simplest thing. :|

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Where exactly would you want this? In the Self-writing dialog?
    Because right now you can use the "Mix-Paragraph" from articles, same article and with the new option to use sources from other projects also automatically mix paragraphs acorss different projects.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2021
    So what the new update features is the use of data from its own project, as well as use of its own data and/or data from  other projects
    This is sick!

This would expand on that.

What I am proposing would be an entirely new array to be generated, up to let's say, five sets of data to work with on the fly to create paragraphs based on different (perhaps overlapping, perhaps not) sets of data from same/other projects, also allowing the user a lot of flexibility in choosing where each paragraph from each new combined data set can be placed within the article.

>>Sources Pane
    [X]Use Previous Data

Ok, Sven, the "What To Use?" pulldown menu has to have a new option: "Projects Defined Below By Paragraph" selected,
    then
    four other checkboxes get un-greyed per line (where there is presently a single row, one per project) next to each project to  both permit other projects to be brought in as source material, as is the case with this month's update to GSACG, as well as add more control in how this is accomplished.

A    B   C    D   E
    [X]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ] Project 1
    [X]  [ ]  [X]  [ ]  [X] Project 2
    [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ] Project 3
    [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [X]  [ ] Project 4
    [ ]  [X]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ] Project 5

A through E user definable: (LOT OF OPTIONS!)
    Paragraph [USER DEFINABLE]
    First/LAST [USER DEFINABLE]% of article
    First and last Paragraphs
    First
    Last
    At Least [Z] paragraphs
    Every other  [A] paragraph
    Middle Paragraph
    First and Middle
    Last and Middle
    First, Middle, Last Paragraphs
    Fill All other undefined Paragraph slots
    Random

OFC, let the user deal with rules interfering with each other, rather than spending the time writing all those rules! lol Can't set both A and B to First. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Or if you DO, can show an error when you try to test settings...

But why should one project have e.g. better 2nd paragraphs than anothers? I don't get the idea behind it.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2021
    Hmm....OK, I was thinking for something like this:

Paragraph 1---Specific KW A
    Paragraph 2,3--Broader KW B
    Paragraph 4---Specific KW C

or

Paragraph 1---"Forest animals" A D E
    Paragraph 2,3--"deer" (broad search)  B
    Paragraph 4---"dear Eating habits" (very specific search) C
    Paragraph5---"Forest animals" A D E

So let's say P1  is set to projects about forest animals (source projects column A, which has checked projects about foxes, deer, woodchucks, squirrels)
    P2 & 3 is set to project about deer, very broad search (source projects B for example, which has checked projects about deer health, deer mating, deer in winter)
    P4  is set to projects about  deer, very specific search (source projects C  for example, which has checked projects about what deer eat)
    P5  is set to projects about forest animals (source projects  E for example, which has checked projects about foxes, birds, and butterflies)

Ahh OK, that makes sense of course.