Skip to content

Export failed entries automatically

edited June 2021 in GSA Website Contact
Is it possible to export the failed entries to a file automatically after a specific time (like the import function)?
We have setup the software to import new entries from a local file every 2 hours; most of the entries in that file are quite targeted.
So we are planning to contact the failed entries manually as we get around 25-30% success rate from gsa-contact overall.
Is this something we can look out for in future? :)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can't you just select the failed ones by popup menu? It offers you to export the data then as well.
  • I do export them manually but right now I am planning to set it up so that it is 100% hands-free. This is the only step where I need to visit my server.

Otherwise I was thinking to add the export to dropbox folder to google sheets via IFTTT. :unamused:
    what you can do is running it with the option to parse/send from a folder/file....the results get saved in <filename>-success.txt and <filename>-failed.txt.
  • edited June 2021
    Are you talking about this option?

Where are the success and failed files created?

Also, are failed/success results appended to same .txt or new one is created each time?
    Yes thats the function I meant. The files are saved in the same folder as the import file, but with *-success/*.failed as suffix.
  • edited June 2021
    In case we are importing the same file (which is dynamic), then is it possible to appended the success and failed files so that they are not overwritten each time?
    Otherwise data will be lost each time the file is overwritten.
    ok, next update will append this to the file if already present.
    Thanked by 1rohit
  • Thank you. :)
  • Also, it will be great if it is possible to provide an option to create a new success/failure files with timestamp on filename (for those who want to contact the success sites after a few days for a follow-up).
  • edited June 2021
    Thanks for the update Sven. It was super-fast.
    I just checked the software and found that the import function is working fine but the exports are not appended, it is still overwriting the failed/success files. :(
    Can you please check at your end?
    I have just checked it and it is appending to the success/failed file if it already exists.