spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited March 2013 in Need Help
I have noticed on some sites, not all, the following appears:

"
Name (which is a link )

{comment}

Please visit my [website]
"

I only want one or the other, i.e. if the name is a link then SER doesn't need to add the link to the comments at all.. This results in Akismet etc making it as spam I think. How do I do this, is it possible?

----------------------

edit, I just found this in another thread , credit to original author I forgot your username...Is this the solution?

Currently , If you post an Article with no links , SER will detect it and post your links automatically. @Ron's suggestion is to have another new feature to disable the Automatic insertion of links. Something like this :

Hint : Currently you can do this manually by editing these 2 files in the engines directory :

auto_anchor-article.dat
auto_anchor.dat

Remove the links macros from the 2 files :

<a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>
{%url%|%url_domain%%url_path%}

Now save the 2 files and you will get some posts with no links at all.

Didn't try it before , but I guess it should work perfectly.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You have the option enabled that puts a link there... so disable it (last half visible in screenshot). 

There is no need for that suggested option.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - does it do both in blog comments? I.e. if you have the option enabled, I thought it would only place one link. First it would try URL in comment, and if not, it would use the name. Am I wrong?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Arg do I really have to explain every single thing? I thought the label of that option "Try to always place an URL with anchor text in description/commtns" is telling enough!?

Anyway if that option is checked, it will put an extra link if the field supports html and an URL has already been placed in some extra field.

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    OK, thanks. So if I did not check the "try to always place..." setting, SER will try to place it into the Name first but if it cannot then it will add it in the comment.

I assume the "try to always place.." setting just overrides this and adds a link regardless in description?