Skip to content

Capabilities of GSA Contact submitter

I am looking for a contact form submitter to use for a project I am working on. I have already scraped a list of contacts including things like:

website domain name, Location, company name, competitors, popularity rating, etc

I watched a video on GSA Website Contact and it seems it would have no problem finding the contact page from the domain name, but I also want to make a custom message for each domain.

Eg "Dear [Microsoft], I see you are losing market share to [Oracle] and [Google], since you are located in [Seattle] perhaps you might think about moving your head office to somewhere else? Let me help you find a new corporate headquarters"

Can messages be built from custom fields to match each domain with GSA?

Comments

• Perfect Sven. Exactly what I need, thanks.
  • Ok I bought the submitter. Just messing around with test data now. I imported CSV and that works fine with the macros.

I tried to insert %first name% into the message text. %first name% is one of the predefined fields. 

This was my message field setup: 

Hello %firstname%, %lastname% we like %domain%, just testing. your competitor is %competitor%. My name is %first name% %last name%

and the output looks like this:

Hello mike, donelly we like bridges.com, just testing. your competitor is google. My name is %first name% %last name%

So fields defined in the main area cannot form part of the message body? 
  • Also any reason why the submitter would give a 404 message when I can load the contact form perfectly fine?
  • cherubcherub UK
    edited June 2021
    I don't actually use this software but it looks like the macros should be %firstname% %lastname% instead of %first name% %last name% (no space)
  • Hi cherrub. Actually they were predefined exactly like this

• Pinging you Sven. I promise you this page is not 404. Contact form was found:

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it was found but the submission of the contact data gave that error.
  • I just tried and was able to submit that same data manually.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes, but that form might be modified by javascript in a way that Website Contact has problems simulating it.
  • ok this is my test form so it's not going well :)