Skip to content

Check/uncheck options in the 'where to post' main section?

googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
This is probably a dumb question but...I see I can right click and it has all the options but its all for 'uncheck' such and such a feature.
How do I uncheck all and just cherry pick what I want to check vs uncheck? I can't seem to get the right results this way using 'uncheck' only.

In the end...one of the templates I want to create is having all of the contextuals checked plus all other links that create their own page and do not move.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can use check all + uncheck + toggle to get what you want.
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    you can use check all + uncheck + toggle to get what you want.
    hey im still having trouble making sense of this. i check all to start. i uncheck engines that use no contextual links, and click on the articles only option on that pop up box.

one of the oddball things that sticks out is that the one type of blog comment is checked...i hover over it and it says it allows a contextual article link but it does not create its own page, and that the link page can move

im trying to use various uncheck/toggle functions to figure this out but im not getting the sequence right or something.

trying to uncheck/toggle the 'creates own page' and 'fixed urls' options to get what i want....

i just want the best contextual articles (legit full articles not profile articles) that create their own page and the url does not move..what is the right step by step sequence for that?

thanks
    relatd question. when i 'uncheck engines that use no contextual links' and select articles only vs articles and profiles option in that pop up box. in the article engine area, i hover over some of them at at the bottom of that pop up box , the contextual links line...some say article, profile.

does this mean its creating both a main article blog post page and a profile on the same site, or that its creating an article within the forum profile section only?

i dont have a ton of verified links to look at myself to test
    Maybe it's easier if you go to the options and under "link type" you just check the contextual link types you want.
    Sven said:
    Maybe it's easier if you go to the options and under "link type" you just check the contextual link types you want.
    i see the section...does that override checking or unchecking the 'where to submit' boxes in the main section on the left?

id really like to get the hang of the check/uncheck/toggle thing
    yes it will automatically "not use" engines that would build links that are not in your selection.