Skip to content

Links lists updates are not getting picked by GSA

Hello, I've subscribed to one of the verified list providers and they sync files via Dropbox. And I have the issue that GSA cant catch up with the updated files automatically. I have to manual via context menu trigger a new import from global site list - then it starts to push them. But I assume that this should be automatically after the DP sync appeared. 

Did anyone face such an issue? 

Comments

• 6Maxi6Maxi Los Angeles, California
    No, I am not facing this issue.
  • ok, so for example if I want to use Identified global list, I set the path to the DP folder which is autosync, but do I need to select a checkbox to use it?
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    Hi

If you have Dropbox update issues, Make sure "Download rate" is set to "Don't limit" in Dropbox Preferences.

in Global Settings, Advanced Tab, set your desired folders as Identified and Failed Ones.
    You Need to Restart your SER after changes are made. Then you have to go to each Project's Options tab and check "Use URLs from global site lists if enabled" and check "Identified" and "Failed" as well.

Wish it helps.

Best of Luck

• ok all this is done, but maybe I don't get it right, but does GSA identifies automatically just after new dropbox files have arrived? or does it take some time for it to catch up?
    edited April 2021
    ok all this is done, but maybe I don't get it right, but does GSA identifies automatically just after new dropbox files have arrived? or does it take some time for it to catch up?
    Well, actually SER identifies new URLs and load them chunk by chunk from it's related site lists(depending on what platforms you have chosen in your project's settings). If your project has URLs waiting to be submitted, It will go for them at first and will load new URLs after that but if there are no URLs waiting to be submitted, It will try to load new URLs from your site lists(regarding to what I said in the previous message).

Best of Luck
  • edited April 2021
    Thanks! I guess my problem is that couple of links are still sitting there and the project just can't end in time.
    Thanks! I guess my problem is that couple of links are still sitting there and the project just can't end in time.
    Hi
    My pleasure.
    You can clear your Target URL Cache and let SER brings the URLs from your new site lists:
      a. Highlight all of your projects
      b. Right-click the selection, then select Modify Project and click Delete Target URL Cache
    Best of luck