Skip to content

Editing a project activates it

edited March 2013 in Bugs
If my project is on pause and I edit it (doesn't matter what change I make), it automatically activates although it should remain on pause for a long time.

Why is that? I would expect the changes to take affect the next time it starts and not to restart it immediately.

thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    because the settings are reloaded and the project stops/starts again.
  • I understand what happens, I just think it is wrong, since it means that if my projects pause after a certain amount of submissions/verifications per day, I can't edit them until the next day because I don't want them to start over... this is very annoying, do you think you can change it?
    edited March 2013
    Even though it paused before it will restart but only build very few links since it knows that you have build xyz links in the <last zyx minutes>-<time it was already paused>. 
  • are you sure it won't submit the same amount of links and pause again?
    let's say I set it to pause after 100 submissions for 1440 minutes and 5 minutes after it pauses I edit the project, won't it just restart, submit another 100 links and pause for 1440 minuets? what would happen in that scenario? 
    Im sure as I have coded it that way.
  • you are sure of what? you didn't answer my question... what would happen in the scenario I've described? how many links would be submitted? and for how long it will pause again?
    If I understand you correctly it shouldn't submit any link... 
    What would happen if I edit the project and decrease the amount of links to submit?

please describe this submit/pause mechanism in as much details as possible.

thanks,
    Josh
    I have described this a thousand times. I just can't anymore. Search this forum and you will find a lot threads where I tried to describe the behavior. If you edit a project and higher the number of allowed submissions/verifications, it is of course allowing you to submit again.