Skip to content

Tiered campaigns showing as broken after last update

Not sure if i am the only one having this issue but I updated my GSA today and when it started back up it is showing that all of my T3 campaigns are broken and they are crossed out.  When I open the campaigns it shows that everything is fine and as it should be, the tickbox to build links to verified links from tier 2 is checked and the campaigns are selected so there is no reason it should be showing as broken. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    is that the latest update?
  • I had not updated my GSA for the last 2-3 updates so it must be one of the recent 3 updates that is causing it.
    ok, but there where 2updates today...is it v15.14 ?
  • Yes, it is 15.14
    can you give me the project backup of all the tiers to debug this?
  • i am having the same issue on one server, while it is running fine on the other server.

strange
    please give me the backups.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven, same issue here. Missed a few backups recently. My collection is incomplete!! :o
    :ohnoes: 

Went from: V 15.11 to 15.15.

Running 15.11, all seems fine. Odd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, oddly, there were fewer files in the recent GSA AppData folder.
    4584 files as of my PM backup
    4114 files there today.

I guess this cld be from something else?

Now that it works with previous version, should I use TODAY's Projects or last nite's?

will have a look on this and what it might have caused...a new update should hopefully fix it today. I still didn't have a project backup that would let me reproduce things though.
  • edited March 2021
    all 3 tiers are showing in different places in the project window, in alphabetical order.

shall i send all 3 tiers backup

for some projects tiers are fine but for others they are showing broken.

how do i send you the backup ? from version 15.14 or 15.15 ?
  • edited March 2021

I didn't save the screenshot but what happened after updating to  15.14 it was showing a popup that update is available and available update was 15.13

older 15.14 seems to be working
    "all 3 tiers are showing in different places in the project window, in alphabetical order."

I saw tier projects showing up crossed out, with "BROKEN."

These were in the wrong projects, but when I went back to older version, the broken projects appeared in the correct places.
  • 15.16 doesn't fix it
    strange...i rewrote the whole thing...i cant see how that would come in. Can you provide some kind of backup please?
  • Am going to send you over my backups now Sven.  Even with this latest update, the problem still persists.
    found some issue with tier projects having more than one main project. will release a fix later today.
  • works now, for me at least
    "These were in the wrong projects"

errr..meant TREE position! Sorry for error!
    Did anyone else notice the crazy number of updates Sven and co. have been putting out lately? Definitely underappreciated!
    Our friend Sven helps us all so much to survive and even thrive through his unceasing efforts. Just wanted to say thanks, Sven, for all you do for us. You've truly set an unmatched standard for incredible software and amazing customer service.
    So, thanks, Sven. :)
    edited March 2021
    well it was a bug so it was a question of honor to fix it. ;) But thanks Don!
  • @truthealer07 I'm having the same issues too on the latest GSA update, but a temporary fix is duplicating a Tier 2 project and then the tier system goes back to normal.  But if you close GSA, the tiers are broken up again. Not a big issue,  but it just looks odd.
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    The disorgansied link tree issue after adding a new tiered project still seems to be there on version 15.21. Selecting right click>refresh reorganises them all. It's not a major issue, but would be nice if it could be fixed.
    Only noticeable when you use 3 tiers or more. 2 tier projects display ok.
    do you use any tiers with more than one main project?
    I only ever use one main project, if you mean money site/tier 1 project.
    The project is set up like this: https://www.screencast.com/t/eog1vxVZ

can you make a backup of such a project with it's tiers that shows broken?
  • LOL! I was having such issue i thought it was my issue. But after recreating campaigns from sketch it fixed
    edited March 2021
    Here is a link to the project backup: //removed//
    I just tested restoring that project and it shows most of the T2 and T3 projects assigned to main project. https://www.screencast.com/t/GBwPyPTV It should be a 3 tier pyramid.
    As soon as I refresh the projects, they are all displayed correctly.
    OK, thanks to your backup I was finally able to found the issue. Should be fixed in next update.
    Awesome, Thanks @Sven