Skip to content

Best way to Share Lists for Two Servers?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited March 2013 in Need Help
I'm running two servers now and would like to share my lists.  Is the best way to do it through Dropbox?  I don't know enough about how it works, but would it cause problems to have the same file being edited by two servers?

How else would I share lists?  Import daily to the second server?

Comments

• I guess the two servers are not in the same network ? else a simple network share would do it..
    you could install VPN (Virtual private network) maybe..

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Dropbox will keep creating duplicate copies. 

Keep the servers seperate and every so often import the one list into the other through sub projects and then repeat on other server. This way you'll get an overlap. 
  • robocopy could do that.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I'll do what you suggested @AlexR until I can find a permanent solution.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You could possibly use a reverse backup. I.e. on all VPS's save to desktop. Then use AutoStart Backup (I think it's called that), and backup to Dropbox once per day. THEN, at another point in the day, use the Autostart to backup all from dropbox to desktop. I.e. reverse backup. This way, all your lists will be merged. I think the backup solution also does a differential backup so it only moves changed files. 

:-)

P.s. you must let me know if that works, as I might need it in the future! 
    :(|)
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @AlexR Not even going to try it.  I'm looking for simple solutions, nothing that requires additional software :)