Skip to content

SER Has Bogged Down Severely

edited September 2012 in Need Help
After updating SER this morning, it ran faster than it ever has before for me. (I even posted another thread about the amazing speed I was getting.) It ran that way for 3-4 hours. Then all of a sudden, it is as if it hit a brick wall. Where I was getting 1000-2000 submissions per hour, in the last hour I have gotten 4.

The messages screen at the bottom was scrolling so fast I could not even try to read lines on it. Now it will sit for 20-30 seconds at a time and not move. I have threads set at 70, and it still shows 70 threads processing most of the time (or close to it), but nothing appears to be happening.

To try to eliminate other possibilities, I stopped all programs and rebooted my PC. There is nothing else running except SER, SEO Indexer, and Captcha Sniper. It is still running the same way - very very slow. I have run a test of my internet connection speed, and it is 15Mbps+. The Indexer is running along just fine.

What can I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Comments

• I just tried to stop SER, and it took 4 minutes just for all the projects to stop. It usually takes less than 30 seconds for all the threads to finish and the projects to stop.
  • Ahhh...one last thing I should have thought about and checked...proxies. I have been using some good fast proxies from the very start. I have not had any problems with them (until now). I was only using 20 proxies. It looks like I burned up 14 of them.

Do you think that this is because the program was processing so much now? How many proxies would you recommend?
  • Maybe I just need to start my own support forum where I ask myself questions and see how long it takes me to answer myself!...HA!

Hope this helps someone if you run across this "problem" with SER.

BTW...I really would like to know what is recommended for # of proxies. I understand that is an open-ended question, since it depends on how many projects/threads/etc. And I have seen some people say that they are using several hundred (paid?).

I have been using SER for less than a month. I am waiting to see some real results with my sites (as in money in the bank) before I jump into spending more to use this tool. If it does work out like it seems like it will, I am entirely willing to spend some money on proxies, captcha services, etc. After all, it's all a matter of return on investment.

I would just like to know what some other "normal" users are using and what some of you "power" users are using.

Thanks in advance for the input!
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I have noticed the same thing.

I was getting 1000 submitted and 100 confirmed an hour until this update. Now Im lucky to get 100 submitted an hour. Its also getting ips slapped with google for pr checking.

Plus I found it looping on using sites from the global sites list.

It was just trying to pull in the same site constantly for one project.

If I had the ability to roll this back, it would be the version over the weekend.

• I don't think there is a problem. I replaced my proxies and it is back to working fine - not as fast at the moment, because I am using public proxies. But at least it is working again.

I learned my lesson on proxies. I can only renew mine once a month and I have 10 days to go, so I am going to have to "limp along" on public proxies until then.