Skip to content

Integrate autocorrect grammar APIs into SER

edited June 2020 in Feature Requests
Hello @sven,

I am wondering if you could add autocorrection API's (for articles/text) into SER.

With Google increasing their ability to find spun text, it would this would be of great importance and benefit to all SER users. Especially those using spun text. In my own experience, I've manually taken some spun articles, used Grammarly on them, and seen some pretty convincing rank improvements. However, this method is manual, when I'm pretty sure the same thing can be accomplished automatically (but sadly, not by Grammarly, they don't offer an API).

I found this one when searching around, there seems to be an autocorrection script already written, perhaps it could just be added to SER?

Company link:
https://www.grammarbot.io/tutorial-automated-correction

Github link:
https://gist.github.com/oasic/2c53ab7adf3d0d67b24d18a9a0e3bbf0

Then a section in options for "autocorrection APIs" similar to have captchas are done? Over time, with the system being in place, more API's could be added (and you could also gain affiliate commissions from any sites that offer them - I bet many SEO's who use SER would sign up with these sites).

There are also other API's as such perfecttense.com, but I haven't really been able to figure out how to get an API key from them. Grammarbot as mentioned above seem to have already given us code to use for autocorrection, and would likely be the easiest to integrate.

This would be a massive time saver for all of us, I can't overstate the magnitude of it and would be happy to make a donation to make this happen.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you have an api to test, I can try adding it.
    Perfect Tense however seems more useful to me and its already added.
  • edited June 2020
    Sven said:
    if you have an api to test, I can try adding it.
    Perfect Tense however seems more useful to me and its already added.
    Wait, Perfect Tense is already added? Where can I access the settings for it? I'm assuming we need to enter an API key somewhere?

Or is it running on your API key in 'free mode'? Because it seems to be doing nothing (Grammarly still finds a load of simple spelling/grammar mistakes) by default and I can't find the settings for it anywhere.

"GrammarBot" - Free limit is 4500 requests/month, and $0.01 per word over the limit. You could sign up and just test a sentence to make sure you're not going to spend any money. Each user would need to enter their own API key:

API link:
    https://rapidapi.com/grammarbot/api/grammarbot/pricing

As noted earlier, here is a pre-written script for autocorrection.

https://www.grammarbot.io/tutorial-automated-correction
    https://gist.github.com/oasic/2c53ab7adf3d0d67b24d18a9a0e3bbf0
    "GrammarBot" << they want a credit card...im not going that far sorry.
    --
    PerfectTense is added as spinning service. You can configure it on the spin-service dialog and also use it by right click on article to create a unique version of it.
  • edited June 2020
    @Sven

I don't see it in the spinning services on the "Article" section.

But my articles are automatically produced using:
    #file_links[test.dat,1,S] #file_links[test.dat,1,S]
    #file_links[test.dat,1,S] #file_links[test.dat,1,S] #file_links[test.dat,1,S]

Is it possible to configure Perfect Tense the check + correct grammar mistakes in my articles before they're posted?

I've re-checked 100 times and don't see PerfectTense listed anywhere. Am I in the wrong place?

hmm wait...thats SER, Im sorry, I thought you where talking about GSA Content Generator where such things have been added already.
  • edited June 2020
    Sven said:
    hmm wait...thats SER, Im sorry, I thought you where talking about GSA Content Generator where such things have been added already.
    I'm talking about when we submit articles using SER. I'd like the articles to have their grammar/spelling checked before submission (if the option is selected).

With Google getting better at detecting spun content, this would be an invaluable addition to SER. Basically, we have grammar API's that will check our articles before submitting.

I have seen some pretty convincing results in my own projects by doing nothing besides using Grammarly on posts/articles and fixing the grammar issues. I repeated this test across a wide variety of sites and was surprised (and annoyed because it's so time-consuming to do it manually) to see it had an effect... but it definitely seemed to.

This could slow down the submission of course (when enabled), but users would have the option to enable or disable services like Perfect Tense. For me, since I mainly use SER for non-mass posting (mainly PBN posts), the increased submission time would be absolutely worth it for proper grammar/spell checking.
    But wouldn't it be much better in preparing this directly using tools like GSA Content Generator? You can create all your articles there.
  • edited June 2020
    @Sven

GSA Content Generator would unfortunately not allow me to accomplish this, as I have over 300k spun lines split into various files - files that come together in #file_links templates to make articles. The articles consist of multiple different files for sentences (not all the same file).

I’ve probably spent 150+ hours developing and perfecting these templates over the years, so sadly switching to something else isn’t possible.

The only way to accomplish this is to send the article to Perfect Tense before submitting it.

Also, many users don’t have GSA Content Generator and this would help everyone a lot.

——————

If you can estimate how long such an integration would take, perhaps I could pay you for that amount of time? Or at least, make it worth your time?

Thanks as always!
    To be honest this sounds to specialized and is only useful for you. I can do the following...
    #spin <your #file macros...> #nospin

And add PerfectTense as a spin service.

Though I would appreciate if you donate the working hours (might be 2h).
  • edited June 2020
    Sven said:
    To be honest this sounds to specialized and is only useful for you. I can do the following...
    #spin <your #file macros...> #nospin

And add PerfectTense as a spin service.

Though I would appreciate if you donate the working hours (might be 2h).
    Hey I will send the donation soon as I get on PC tonight.

Just so we’re on the same page, Perfect Tense isn’t actually doing any “spinning” right? It’s just sending the article generated to Perfect Tense before posting.

Workflow like this:

article template/spun article -> SER compiles article (pulls in content and unspins) -> article sent to Perfect Tense for corrections -> article posted to target.
    correct
  • edited June 2020
    Sven said:
    correct
    Sent you a DM regarding the donation, and sent a first donation.