VPS or Dedicated or Home Server?
edited May 2020 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
VPS or Dedicated Servers are too costly and thus I am planning to get a home server but I am confused between Single CPU vs Dual CPU server
Let’s assume there are two servers:
- Single Intel Xeon E5 CPU Server: 3 GHz, 10 cores, 20 threads
- Dual Intel Xeon E5 CPU Server: Each CPU has 1.5 GHz, 5 cores and 10 threads. Thus, with 2 CPUs, I am getting the same power as that of the Single CPU server.
For large volume projects, which server will you recommend, and why? Considering the fact that the:
- The cost of both the setup is the same
- Intel or AMD?
- Will use GSA Captcha Breaker, GSA SEO Indexer, and maybe XEvil simultaneously.
Does GSA SER, Captcha Breaker, and SEO Indexer use Single Core or Multi-Core?
I'm getting a used 2 units of Xeon 2680v3 Processors for $200. Total power of:
1. 24 cores (12 Cores per CPU)
2. 48 threads (24 Threads per CPU)
3. Clockspeed of 2.5Ghz per each CPU
4. Turbo Speed of up to 3.3Ghz per each CPU
On another hand, In $200, I am getting a used AMD single CPU
1. 6 Cores
2. 12 Threads
3. Clockspeed of 3.8 GHz
4. Turbo Speed of Up to 4.4 GHz.
Which one do you recommend now if I am using 32/64 GB RAM in either of the above situations?
Regarding the ISP, it's an optical fiber with 100MBPS speed with unlimited bandwidth which I believe is enough. There are no ISP limits for sure. Regarding the router, which model do you suggest for a larger thread?