Skip to content

Random Name / Email isn't working

steviestevie UK
edited April 2020 in GSA Website Contact
Hi,

I've noticed that when I go into Preview under Submission Content, the random name, email, company etc is always exactly the same.

The name keeps coming out as "Lcgdwejksi Tuuayruoj" - which looks like somebody has smashed their fist down on the keyboard.

I've double, tripled, and quadrupled checked that they are set to random and they are.

Every time I've tried in the past, the random function, when you click on preview, has correctly shown a different random name, email etc to the last time you press Preview. Not now.

I just tried adding some of my websites, and each and every time, the sender is the same. Same email, etc.

I also created a new project, and the exact same details are showing as a random name, email, company - even the same address is showing. So the software isn't randomly assigning a different name, email etc.

Any idea what's causing this?

Edit: I tried looking at projects where I have set my own name, email etc, but left the company name as random - it's showing as: Ntnwgjgw Nighazgiym

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited April 2020
    Thats due to the fact that this "randomness" is bind to the website you submit to. And for Preview it's a sample-url.com or something. I will change this for next update.
  • Sven said:
    Thats due to the fact that this "randomness" is bind to the website you submit to. And for Preview it's a sample-url.com or something.

That doesn't make sense though, as it was the same random name for each one of my websites.

And without any websites added, each time you click the review, it always used to change to a different random name, company, address etc. Sure, it would use sample-url.com, but the rest of it was change each time you clicked back into 'Preview'.

All this information is now the same, regardless of which website it's submitting to. For each of my websites it submitted the same name, company, address etc.
  • Please see image... These aren't real names, they are just random letters.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Then you are missing the names.dat file or you have set things up to be random string?
    And yes it makes sense as the preview is using the same URL to produce this preview. It's nothing about your entered URL for the project or the URLs you have in the list.
  • Sven said:
    Then you are missing the names.dat file or you have set things up to be random string?

Sorted - the names.dat file had somehow been removed. I reinstalled the software.