Skip to content

Not Responding

I appreciate that this will be down to the specs of the VPS that I'm using, and number of projects but when this happens, have all processes stopped, or just delayed in being reported on the GUI?

In other words, will the software send more successful form submissions if the software never displayed 'Not Responding'?

And what's the first thing to do with the software itself when this happens, as a priority?... lower threads, lower number of projects running at the same time, or something else?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well this should not happen at all!?
    Can you login to that VPS and make a screenshot?
  • Ok, so what happens is it displays the 'Not Responding' and the software stops - as in, the number of success, failed etc stops going up.

Then, when the 'Not Responding' disappears, the software goes back to working again.

One thing to note is that the CPU never goes near 100% in Task Manager. And the VPS has 10 GB RAM.

See screenshot:

are you clicking inside the app somewhere so that it might be busy loading a project or something?
  • steviestevie UK
    edited April 2020
    No. I'm just loading the VPS up.

It's still happening and I've turned one project off to make it just 3. Doesn't seem to have really helped.

Nothing is clicked in the software window.

Can any of this cause the software to become unstable?
    - Too many URLs uploaded to a project? - I have 1.1 million in one project and 1.4 million in another.
    - Too many projects running at once? - It was 4. Just tried stopping 1 to make it 3.
    - Too many threads? - 400
    - Too many proxies? - 572
    - The fact I have the proxies turned off for parsing/checking?

400 threads are a lot ...maybe your VPS can't handle that...use a max of 100 or start by 10 and increase slowly.
  • I stopped one of the projects and the current 'Successful' is now over 65,000 per hour.

Is a message marked as sent, if the form has been submitted and a confirmation message/landing page has been shown? Such as, "Thank you for your message".
    yes
  • steviestevie UK
    edited April 2020
    So is a good method of optimizing threads to, like what you said, start at 100 and then keep raising the number until successful submissions per hour, drops? (5-minute refresh)

you should increase the amount of used threads slowly until you see it freeze again...then lower it.