Skip to content

How to run GSA with Top Notch performance? What are the requirements?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Can anyone throw some light on runniing the software with top notch performance? What are the specs of the vps/dedicated, how many bandwith etc? 
Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I don't know but I'm running 100+ projects at once and instantly switching from BermanHosting.com Extra to Extreme has opened my computer up to not being a slow piece of shit. As long as your comp isn't running slow where you cant click on projects/open options/switch between SER and CB, you should be good. If that's not the case, upgrade to a higher tier of whatever VPS you have. I recommend Berman.  I run high PR filters so I'm getting 27 LPM, which is what I got when I had a low amount of projects. Once I increased the project load, the low level VPS couldn't handle it and I was down to like 6. Now I'm back up to 27 and everything is running fast again.
  • @king818 - Thanks for the reply. Yes, i am using Berman but the mid version not the extreme. So are you running 100 projects all at 1 time?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited March 2013
    @king818 - how many threads are actually running on average? although you set it to 100, but how many are actually being used? Curious, because I'm using Berman Extra. 
  • @AlexR I have my threads set to 230 and it's always running at 230.  If you mean how many projects are running, usually all of them are running but sometimes a few of them are white and not running.  If they are colored, that means they're running.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    The most important thing with GSA is the CPU.  The more CPU, the more threads and the more links.  I have a dual 3.2 ghz and run 200 threads and 50 private proxies.  I don't run as many campaigns as most people here so the LPM comparison isn't relevant.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @king818 - have you upgraded the port as well or using the standard 100mb/s? What download speed do you get on speedtest.net?