Skip to content

Proxies Passed in Scrapebox Proxy Checker But Failing in GSA SER

Hi Sven,

I need your clarification about an issue I'm having at the moment.

I currently use SB to check proxies I scanned for through port scanning.

My problem is this, for instance, after checking the proxies in SB I might get like 400 working proxies. I test them again within a 5-minute window and they are still working.

I then take them to SER to check and all fail except may be for 3 or 5 proxies.

When I immediately go back to SB to check the proxies, only about 7 will fail but when I re-check in SER again, the same issue persist.

What could I be doing wrong?

Or are there specific proxy types that SB works with than those GSE SER uses?

If yes, how do I go about searching for GSE SER proxies in particular.

Thanks a lot for your usual understanding.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    How do you test the proxies in SER? Keep in mind that testing against google might reply with a "blocked message" and then SER labels them as invalid.
  • I tested them against the inbuilt proxy Judge and also against Bing but never against Google since they did not even pass that it SB.

Meanwhile, I had actually not used the proxies themselves in SB as my main intention was to use them in SER.

When I tried most of them of them earlier this evening, I was surprised that virtually did not work on Bing search in SB itself. The search was drastically slow and the results very low.

My confusion is heightened by the fact that majority of them passed the Proxy Check with speeds around 250-350 ms and repeated tests always returned about 95% working result.

I port scanned them with port 8080.

Kindly assist me with any information that make things easier for me.

Thanks.
  • Does GSA SER prefer using "Connect" or "WEB" proxies as during SER proxy testing I noticed that virtually all the proxy I sourced from SB were "Connect" proxies.

What effect does these two different proxy types have on SER?

Thanks again!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    SER tests first for SOCKS, then CONNECT and at last step for WEB.
    Using CONNECT over WEB has several advantages:
    • proxy headers will stay exactly as you send them without the proxy adding/removing things
    • proxy can be used for other things than just http traffic (e.g. email checking)
    As far as I remember, Scrapebox does NOT support CONNECT proxies.
  • So, if I get you right, when sourcing for proxies, I should focus primary on SOCKS proxies for SER to work?

However, as I said earlier, most of the proxies I tested where CONNECT proxies according to SER but all failed entirely.

Could this be because I scanned with 8080 as the port? Do I therefore rather focus on 1080?

What ports therefore do you suggests I search for proxies on to work with SER more effectively while managing SB till I'm I get my hands on GSA Proxy Scraper.

I would highly appreciate your guidance in this regards.

Thanks again.
  • Thanks a lot for the reference. I appreciate!
  • By way Sven,

Is there a way in SER whereby I can make it to pick proxies from a file on my local system.

I think the question is more of how do I change the sources from which SER gets it list of Proxies to check from? If I can adjust this setting to suit my current source, I think things might improve a bit better.

Thanks.
  • Thanks a lot Sven.

I know I had seen something like that before but simply just missing it while it was right under my nose!

Thanks.